Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motor Tax Question

A buddy of mine is driving a BMW M3 3.5ltr I think. Never taxed it. He has it 3 years now. He got stopped once and had to pay the fine and he still recons its cheaper to drive without tax and just pay the fine then to tax it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan View Post
    A buddy of mine is driving a BMW M3 3.5ltr I think. Never taxed it. He has it 3 years now. He got stopped once and had to pay the fine and he still recons its cheaper to drive without tax and just pay the fine then to tax it.
    Personally, i'd feel safer paying for the motor tax as the Gardai have the power to seize your car under section 40 or 41 of the road traffic act. The cost of having to get it back taxed, and pay the pound fees as well as a tow truck would well be over the cost of the car was just taxed as normal.
    STRONG PEOPLE DON'T PUT OTHERS DOWN, THEY LIFT THEM UP♡♡
    Strong minded, Classy, Intelligent Playmate Back In Town

yes you can do it once but for stopping you/friend second time they'll have the record and can take the car asap!!
    of course can be lucky and no one ever stop for another x years, but in my point of view its not worth the hassle!
    Good bye Ireland!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    not too bright beefing up your bike and not telling the insurer, especially if you have a crash and an assessor get's involved.
    Not me. Someone I know did it and the insurer would never find out either. He put 750 cc pistons into a 550 bike ,same models. From what I remember it was kawasaki z 750 and 550.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    So I was thinking of starting to drive properly as in legally, I have a question that might be silly but, could I just lie about my cars engine size and say it's a 1.495L instead of say a 1.6
    you cant just lie about it as the engine size is on your registration certificate. to get that changed you have to fill out a form that says you have had an engine change. problem there is that form has to be stamped by a garage and it has to be a main dealer for that make of car. and then lets say you do manage to get all that done if you ever have a crash and they call out to inspect your car and see the engine numbers dont match up your fucked.

To summarise : no
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

He can afford to put fuel in that but won't tax it?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Derrydoggystyle (13-03-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    He can afford to put fuel in that but won't tax it?
    tell me about it i had the engine changed in my landrover i had the 3.9 V8 petrol pulled out and a 2.5 diesel put in. saves me over 50 euro a week.
    Last edited by jayf1; 13-03-13 at 16:27.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jayf1 For This Useful Post:

samlad (13-03-13)

Reviews

If you do that then you're not insured 100%

Even there boys out there driving Turbo Glasza 1.3 turbo but on Tax book it is 1.3 standard mean its a insureance fraud. If caught you get done for no insurance.

It's not worth it buddy. Once you have an accident, the car will be check and inspections by insurance company and they'll find out.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Derrydoggystyle For This Useful Post:

samlad (13-03-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Thank you all for the replies, much appreciated

I have learnt that someone who can afford to buy a brand new BMW X5 3.0L SUV pays less tax because of emissions than someone who can barely afford a heap of crap 12-15 year old 2,0l merc say for bringing kids to school pays more tax? where is the justice and fairness, another regressive frickin tax Jesus H Christ like.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast