Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
walk anti clockwise from West to East around the world and you get younger.

Dont die,get on your walking shoes,
Westside.

Like this thread, have been curious about ages of people, I’d really love to know Carlos’s age, but he’s on his yearly punt feast so I’d imagine time is slowing down to a crawl for him right about now.

West your right about west to east, but if you spent your life going around the world on a jet at 500 mph, with you hit 90 years old, you’d be a few milli seconds younger then if you remained stationary, as time slows down with speed for the observer. But as were all travelling at about 18.5 miles a second round the Sun, take heart from the fact were all a little younger then we should be if we were in a comparable orbit of Mars or further, so on that basis if you want to stay young, move to Mercury. Inverse square law and all that. If you follow that to its logical conclusion then theoretically if you could orbit the Sun at a distance of about 0.5 miles above its surface, (I know, not possible) you would be traveling at 99.9% of the speed of light and time would slow down to almost infinity and you would live forever (almost). Move an inch closer and you maybe break the barrier of light and time and Mass becomes infinite, the downside to that would be you’d become a one man black hole. On the other hand if we were on Uranus, we’d be screwed….(Sorry, that was inexcusable)

Sorry for the foray into orbital mechanics, just something I realised when messing around with a calulator when I was 15 or 16.