Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top prosecutor nabbed in prostitution sting

Quote Originally Posted by MollyM View Post
    In Journal.ie today

Swedish transsexuals seek damages for forced sterilisations
    http://www.thejournal.ie/sweden-tran...e=twitter_self
    Ahh.. sorry. I'm confused.

Social/political/governmentally recognized, official Gender reassignment means a gender/genital reassignment surgery :

If someone would like to become a Miss instead of a Mr, or vica versa, they must undergo sex reassignment surgery.

Man to woman, you lose the testes. Woman to Man, you lose the ovaries as part of a full hysterectomy.

THAT is full sex reassignment surgery. Once that is complete, some governments will issue new IDs reflecting new gender.

In that article, I am reading about people who want to have their cake and eat it too.

Nothing wrong with that, but should a govt foot the bill ? Retroactively ?

I cannot even imagine how difficult life must be for transgender people, but like.. make up your mind ?

Born in the wrong body : yes. You want to change to your 'correct' gender : well, you do genital reassignment, you lose the

reproductive organs that are not inherent in your new 'chosen' gender.. It's a huge decision. A personal decision.

There are many infertile heterosexual couples in the world. Hard as it may be, they manage to become parents (more often than not)

I am SO confused on Sweden's stance towards sexuality et al. This case -- the govt sued ? I find it preposterous.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

mymann (28-02-13)

Blog Entries

Allowing someone to freeze their eggs or their sperm is not hugely expensive and gives them an opportunity to have a full life. I don't see why it should be one or the other or why it should be a condition to having papers to say your gender has changed. Why is that cake and eat it? Having been a Mother is probably the most fulfilling thing I have ever done, I would not willingly deny that anyone. My Aunty was baron and I know that it coloured her life to the day she died. Imagine being born in the wrong body and then finally becoming the 'real' you and not being able to complete the fairy tale?

To me it seems so sad and far more than being greedy and wanting it all, but then I guess... I am a Mother.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

mymann (28-02-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Unfortunately the stupid irish authorities is looking seriously at the swedish model as the way to go for the law here , but , all the same , men have " needs " no matter what their status in life.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Davidgolf For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (01-03-13), mymann (28-02-13)

Reviews

Sweden is liberal? Haha. Compared to Ireland perhaps yes. Compared to Denmark, no...

Also, I am not sure what the story here is. Someone gets caught with his pants down. So what? The politicians implemented this law, not the prosecutors. He could have been doing this all his life and been against the law from the get go. He got caught, someone else got caught before him, someone else will after him. Someone else will step up and get his job and speed or drink drive or something else. A nothing story.
    Empty vessels makes the most noise.

200+ not out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123