Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MollyM View Post
    In Journal.ie today

Swedish transsexuals seek damages for forced sterilisations
    http://www.thejournal.ie/sweden-tran...e=twitter_self
    Ahh.. sorry. I'm confused.

Social/political/governmentally recognized, official Gender reassignment means a gender/genital reassignment surgery :

If someone would like to become a Miss instead of a Mr, or vica versa, they must undergo sex reassignment surgery.

Man to woman, you lose the testes. Woman to Man, you lose the ovaries as part of a full hysterectomy.

THAT is full sex reassignment surgery. Once that is complete, some governments will issue new IDs reflecting new gender.

In that article, I am reading about people who want to have their cake and eat it too.

Nothing wrong with that, but should a govt foot the bill ? Retroactively ?

I cannot even imagine how difficult life must be for transgender people, but like.. make up your mind ?

Born in the wrong body : yes. You want to change to your 'correct' gender : well, you do genital reassignment, you lose the

reproductive organs that are not inherent in your new 'chosen' gender.. It's a huge decision. A personal decision.

There are many infertile heterosexual couples in the world. Hard as it may be, they manage to become parents (more often than not)

I am SO confused on Sweden's stance towards sexuality et al. This case -- the govt sued ? I find it preposterous.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

mymann (28-02-13)