Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has technology got past us??????????

Blog Entries

Default Has technology got past us??????????

Its gone mad ffs. I went to a place yesterday and had to wait because someone was on the phone making an appointment and the bs. Last I checked an appointment was time, date and place. The receptionist was like "I will email that to you for confirmation and text you blah blah blah. FFs the person was already on the phone jesus. Wheres the fuckin science. So I then get to buy stuff I needed and reach for the door and cant get out????????? Oh I will let you out she cries. I should bloody hope so and they will tell you its for security reasons so if someone breaks in then they cant get out. Really? Neither can you. your locking yourself in with them. Seriously I think 99% of this horseshit tech is bs and not needed. You have peole going out, leaving the house and then they phone the house to tell someone where they are?? You have this reality tv rubbish. You have people sitting in a house, watching people sitting in a house and better yet , paying for it. Dont get me started on these giant tvs. FFs if you want to go to the cinema then go to one. I know poeple who have a little room with books thrown around and they call it a library. They probably have a cloakroom like theres a bloody dancehall there. Oh you can hang your coat up in the cloakroom. Its just on the left after the library. Henry is in the cinema so texts him before you head in and he can open the door for you. FFS technology plz fuck off. Tweeting, texting this and that, emailing ,Im on my I phone. Oh sorry its a touch pad one jaysus.I write with a ballpoint pen.Id like your address. I dont want your www. beige. Serously people need to chill and take a step back in time abit.

god,
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 13-02-13 at 10:21.

Reviews

Freeze!

What's wrong with big LCD/LED/Plasma screens? How big is too big do you think?

Reviews

And technology has brought us ei

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nibb For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (13-02-13)

Reviews

Cannot stop the technological process.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Usernamed View Post
    Freeze!

What's wrong with big LCD/LED/Plasma screens? How big is too big do you think?
    if you are sitting nearer than 2.5 times the diagonal of the screen then the screen is too big.

So if you have a 40" screen and you are not further than 100" (8.3 feet) away from the screen then it's too big for that room as you'll start to see pixellation
    Last edited by Zoidberg; 13-02-13 at 11:35. Reason: me no maths do good

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (13-02-13), nautural bbw (13-02-13), Patt113 (14-02-13), Sexy Sandy 69 (13-02-13), Stephanie (13-02-13)

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    That is so correct....I have been on tables where everyone is playing with phones, it is a royal pain in the ass. Saying that, i am bad for checking the footy scores on Fotmob

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

nautural bbw (13-02-13), Stephanie (13-02-13)

11. Default

My friends and family are spread over three continents - I'm not unusual in this respect.

Taking time zones into consideration, I can see and talk to each of them as if they were in the same town and keep up with all the usual life events almost as they happen.

Of course, almost the same thing can be can be done if you live in the country and visit the pub, post office, GAA, church regularly.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to erratios For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (14-02-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    if you are sitting nearer than 2.5 times the diagonal of the screen then the screen is too big.

So if you have a 40" screen and you are not further than 100" (8.3 feet) away from the screen then it's too big for that room as you'll start to see pixellation
    If your Television was born in the 90's maybe. I sit close (maybe 7 feet) to my TV and it's crystal clear. I do pay Sky a little extra for HD though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nibb View Post
    And technology has brought us ei
    Overuse is the emphasis here. Otherwise why even bother with a kettle.

Westside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast