Thread: Purpose

Reviews

Default Purpose

Sometimes, it is difficult to find a meaning in life. A purpose, a place in this world. And lately I have been questioning my own with great intent. So much in fact, that I have become lost in a labyrinth that is visible to the gods but not to me. If 'gods' even exist, which of course no-one truly knows. That is what belief is after all. It doesn't do anyone any good dwelling on these things: the meaning of life, what lies after death, etc. One could spend so much time bottled up, drowning in a sea of thought so deep, that one's own existence can be called into question.

There have been countless metaphors and similes for the precise definition of life throughout the years. It's a climb up a mountain, a ride on a roller-coaster, etc. Forgive me but that's all I can remember at this time in the night, two silly songs that are the kind that just attach themselves to the skin of your memories refusing to let go.

There are people who know their purpose. There are people who have inclines as to what their purpose is. Then there are those who are completely lost. Fate, destiny.... I'm doubtful that such things exist. Life after all is what we make of it. Of course it is not that black and white, far from it in fact. Life always throws constant obstacles in front of your path, offers you a multitude of different routes to take, then rewards/condemns you for making such choices. And of course you can never turn back.

It is difficult.... being the odd one out, the one in a billion. It has its positive aspects for certain. But the negatives far outweigh them. To view things in a different way, is both a gift and a curse.

*N.B
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

Reviews

TLTR,night night.

There will always be wine and cake though.

Reviews

Pft, drunk or stoned ?

Reviews

You should check out the multiple universe theory of quantum mechanics. Sometimes, the real world is stranger than fiction.
    Last edited by experiencedguy; 12-02-13 at 08:44.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to experiencedguy For This Useful Post:

liamo23 (12-02-13)