Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it not easier to be nice and civil?

That's how I feel lately, reading the unnecessary slagging matches :

xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (11-02-13), client101 (11-02-13), mature abby (15-02-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I blame M.T.V. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . And Fianna Fail.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WatWatWat For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (11-02-13)

Must be something in the irish meat
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TomEA For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (11-02-13)

Reviews

I've completely given up posting on this forum. I've found it to be an unpleasant place to be, and like anything that I find negative, I excise it. I think that I'm usually a pleasant individual (others would have a more objective view) and have found that commenting on contentious threads tends to arise a certain (mostly unjustified) argumentativeness, both on my part and the posters.

I just couldn't be bothered commenting on any other posts.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to experiencedguy For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (11-02-13), Stephanie (11-02-13), thewren (11-02-13), Tommy H (11-02-13)

I feel in total agreement with You AJ. There is sadly a small minority that constantly have to be nasty.
    The forum is for stating facts or having general happy banter. Not for abusing and bitching.

I feel that certain posters are specifically trying to stop other ladies posting, when we should all be able to do so without having to be concerned with malicious and unnecessary replies.

Thank you AJ for this more than fabulous post from a more than fab lady xxxxxxx

Have a fab day folks!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to english rebecca For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (11-02-13), Renatha Lopez (11-02-13), Tommy H (11-02-13)

Quote Originally Posted by experiencedguy View Post
    I've completely given up posting on this forum. I've found it to be an unpleasant place to be, and like anything that I find negative, I excise it. I think that I'm usually a pleasant individual (others would have a more objective view) and have found that commenting on contentious threads tends to arise a certain (mostly unjustified) argumentativeness, both on my part and the posters.

Did Frodo give up when Boromir gave his life for the fellowship? NO!
    Did Gandalf give up when he knew Sauroman was trying to take down the Misty Mountain? NO, he strived through the mines or Moria knowing the dark demons that lay down there.
    Did Samwise give up when he thought that Frodo had been killed by the dreaded Shelob? NO, he took the ring and went on.

Gandalf gave his life for the fellowship, but he came back as badass gandalf in return for his good deeds.

“Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Comic relief.. just to lighten the mood a bit on a serious thread.. xx

... on a more serious note :

some people seem to thrive on confrontation, and some other people take every comment personally, even if it is not meant that way.

Some will purposefully misinterpret an innocent comment just to whip up a frenzy, in an effort to upset/damage a fellow member,

just for their own sheer entertainment..

Some posters take pride in their 'bitchiness' and enjoy tormenting others.. I tend to ignore those nowadays.

Otherwise, I would recommend liberal use of Smilies to indicate if a comment is made light hearted or not .

I do believe that goodness and kindness wins out in the long run. May have to endure negativity for a while, but I think

our innate human preference is still for 'good' and those who are truly unpleasant will fall by the wayside.

EI : a microcosm of real life.. you have nice people, you have mean people, the instigators and the mob, the peacemakers..

Anna's personality test from last year, comes to my mind.. xx

Last edited by Stephanie; 11-02-13 at 11:06.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (11-02-13), Cable87 (12-02-13), Chutney (12-02-13), client030314 (11-02-13), Deven (11-02-13), patmustard (11-02-13), Ted E Bear (11-02-13), thewren (11-02-13), Tommy H (11-02-13), wolfie (11-02-13), zoozoozoo (11-02-13)

I've got to agree, there's been more than several posts lately that have been reduced to either a bitch fest or degraded into a serious arse licking contest, even when a serious topic has been raised, it's been hijacked & turned into a self promoting mission. I'm not against light hearted banter, I don't take myself that seriously & I enjoy a laugh as much as the next person, but the banal, you rub my back, I'll rub yours drivel that's been posted of late ..... I've stopped reading & posting as much. What's the point? How long before a decent thread is ruined by the usual suspects?

Sandy x
    In memory of an awesome woman Laura Lee RIP
    It's so difficult to articulate just how much she meant. Inspirational, brave and irreplaceable - our hero.
    Please do what you can for her daughter. Deeply appreciated.
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/glasgaelauralee

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sexy Sandy 69 For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (11-02-13), mature abby (12-02-13), Stephanie (11-02-13), Tommy H (16-02-13)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by experiencedguy View Post

I think that is the problem. You either stop posting in order to avoid getting pushed into an argument, or you continue posting and take the chance, but possibly find yourself in the middle of one you never wanted or intended to have. Personally I don't want to stop posting, as I enjoy it and as I'm touring a lot, this is my way of having conversation, using my brain and passing the time. Why should I lose all that, just because one or two people think they can walk over everyone?

What is the alternative? It's not great either way.

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (11-02-13), Cable87 (12-02-13), Chutney (12-02-13), client101 (11-02-13), Deven (11-02-13), Renatha Lopez (11-02-13), saoirsemac (11-02-13), Sexy Sandy 69 (11-02-13), Stephanie (11-02-13), Tommy H (11-02-13), zoozoozoo (11-02-13)

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    I think that is the problem. You either stop posting in order to avoid getting pushed into an argument, or you continue posting and take the chance, but possibly find yourself in the middle of one you never wanted or intended to have. Personally I don't want to stop posting, as I enjoy it and as I'm touring a lot, this is my way of having conversation, using my brain and passing the time. Why should I lose all that, just because one or two people think they can walk over everyone?

What is the alternative? It's not great either way.
    when u fight back against degranding and insulting comments then your the bitch

its a no win situation, people are misinterupted u dont hear the tone, but there is constant digs aimed at ladies who post anything now, even ones who bring up matters about reviews etc,

promote urself cool but do it without belittling others to do it

i have been a bitch before lost my cool but now im just done with it all, i know i was in the wrong and at least i stand up and go hey im sorry i was a cunt,

touring can be boring sometimes, so ei nice for a chinwag but not when ur constantly insulted about ur apperence age or just anything of late
    Last edited by saoirsemac; 11-02-13 at 11:48.
    ********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to saoirsemac For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (11-02-13), Cable87 (12-02-13), client101 (12-02-13), Curvaceous Kate (11-02-13)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast