Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Laura Lee BBC 1 NI tonite

Laura was fantastic, but we all knew she would be!

The disabled guy was excellent. He then went and ruined his point by being personally offensive which made Morrow look a victim.

Congratulations
    Last edited by Martin Mod; 08-02-13 at 11:18.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

Half Man and Half Dildo (07-02-13), LaBelleThatcher (08-02-13)

Someone with access to the show needs to capture it as soon as possible and put it up on Youtube for future reference before it disappears from the BBC's iPLayer. As far as I know these shows will only be available for a week or so before they're gone for good.

I've used aTubeCatcher - http://atube-catcher.dsnetwb.com/video/ to download streaming videos before, but I can't even check if it'll work with the iPLayer site due to my location.

Perhaps a dedicated channel for Irish sex-work activism could be set up on YouTube?
    If such a channel did exist it would be a valuable tool in the fight against TORL - easy to link to, easily accessible by all, a video on it's own has value, but that value is increased when it's part of a channel.

To quote Aristotle: “The whole (the video channel) is (would be) greater than the sum of its parts (individual videos).”

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Half Man and Half Dildo For This Useful Post:

client101 (08-02-13), LaBelleThatcher (08-02-13)

Laura played a blinder

Only thing is - why does no-one ever quote Dr Nick Mai's recent study of th number of sex workers who are trafficked in the UK.

http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/research-...nt-workers.cfm

He interviewed 100 sex workers, 6 of whom were in situations which would be considered coercion.

It's a fairly useful, academic reference for a commonly asked question in these debates

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gamey27 For This Useful Post:

client101 (08-02-13), LaBelleThatcher (08-02-13), the traveller (07-02-13)

Can everyone please stop calling Maurice Marrow a Lord? Its making him sound more important than he actually is.

The rest of you mightn’t remember but I do way before the DUP entered the Assembly he’d have been on the news every night spouting nothing but his bigoted sectarian hatred.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnRambo For This Useful Post:

client101 (08-02-13), LaBelleThatcher (08-02-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Half Man and Half Dildo View Post
    Someone with access to the show needs to capture it as soon as possible and put it up on Youtube for future reference before it disappears from the BBC's iPLayer. As far as I know these shows will only be available for a week or so before they're gone for good.

I've used aTubeCatcher - http://atube-catcher.dsnetwb.com/video/ to download streaming videos before, but I can't even check if it'll work with the iPLayer site due to my location.

Perhaps a dedicated channel for Irish sex-work activism could be set up on YouTube?
    If such a channel did exist it would be a valuable tool in the fight against TORL - easy to link to, easily accessible by all, a video on it's own has value, but that value is increased when it's part of a channel.

To quote Aristotle: “The whole (the video channel) is (would be) greater than the sum of its parts (individual videos).”
    What you need to do is download expat shield, it's free and works great.
    Launch it and what it does is gives you an U.K. ip address and fools
    the BBC into thinking you are one of her majesties loyal subjects
    and lets you watch the i-player. Works for me

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the traveller For This Useful Post:

client101 (08-02-13), Liberty Love (08-02-13)

Blog Entries

Thank you all for your very kind comments, it sure beats some of the crap which was doing the rounds on Twitter today.

My make-up was dire and exhaustion is really starting to show but we will get there, (I hope).

Without the support of all of you I really would have nothing, so thank you once again. xxxx

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Laura Lee For This Useful Post:

client101 (08-02-13), Curvaceous Kate (08-02-13), justfrank44 (07-02-13), Liberty Love (08-02-13), Nicole (08-02-13), Rachel Divine (07-02-13), the traveller (08-02-13)

Blog Entries

Just to add, my friend at the IUSW (far more techie than I could ever hope to be) is converting the interview to You Tube,
    so I'll post up a link when I have it.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Laura Lee For This Useful Post:

client101 (08-02-13), Curvaceous Kate (08-02-13), justfrank44 (07-02-13), Nicole (08-02-13), the traveller (08-02-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Lee View Post
    Just to add, my friend at the IUSW (far more techie than I could ever hope to be) is converting the interview to You Tube,
    so I'll post up a link when I have it.
    Thanks, you 5´9 dominatrix

16. The Following User Says Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

Laura Lee (07-02-13)

Reviews

Laura, did you have any contact with morrow before or after the interview. I was wondering what his attitude would be like off camera.

Blog Entries

Very little to be honest.

We met briefly before hand and it was a half smile and hello type thing.

Here's the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5LH5...ure=youtu.be&a

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Laura Lee For This Useful Post:

client101 (08-02-13), justfrank44 (07-02-13), Nicole (08-02-13), the traveller (08-02-13)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast