Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: What recession?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,442

    Default What recession?

    We've all heard escorts complain about a downturn is client visits, both on threads here and to some of us who know certain of them better. So I decided to do some statistical research comparing the number of reviews submitted for the first 6 months of 2008 compared to the same time period last year. The logical assumption being, that there would be a corrolation between the number of reviews and general punting activity. The following statistics for reviews is rather interesting:


    2008 2007

    January 205 69
    February 315 88
    March 349 + 107 Rats 91
    April 305 + 7 Rats 119
    May 357 + 22 Rats 139
    June 276 + 3 Rats 151

    Notes: I have not included N/As as these generally denote that a punt did not take place.
    I have not included 19 old reviews (Fendi) in the figures for June 2008 or 17 old
    reviews in the figures for May 2007.

    As you can see, a look at the figures, only throws up more questions than it answers. If the recession is really affecting this business, than it has only begun to do so in the past month. But there are a number of other possible explanations:

    1. Punter activity is indeed growing, but so are the number of escorts, so the number of
    punts per escort may be declining. The reason for an increase in the level of punter
    activity is more likely to be an increase in the number of punters rather than increase
    in individual levels of activity. Increasing membership is an indication of this.

    2. Punters now feel more confident in writing reviews, and therefore a punt is more likely
    to result in some type of review than previously.

    3. The problem with the rats and bogus reviews, could be much greater than anticipated.
    Increased competition amongst individual escorts and agencies during a recession
    would explain this.

    4. Sex is not affected by a recession. We try to shag and drink our way out of it. Only
    death puts a stop to these activites.

    Gentlemen, your opinions please.

  2. #2

    Default recession is beginning

    Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    We've all heard escorts complain about a downturn is client visits, both on threads here and to some of us who know certain of them better. So I decided to do some statistical research comparing the number of reviews submitted for the first 6 months of 2008 compared to the same time period last year. The logical assumption being, that there would be a corrolation between the number of reviews and general punting activity. The following statistics for reviews is rather interesting:


    2008 2007

    January 205 69
    February 315 88
    March 349 + 107 Rats 91
    April 305 + 7 Rats 119
    May 357 + 22 Rats 139
    June 276 + 3 Rats 151

    Notes: I have not included N/As as these generally denote that a punt did not take place.
    I have not included 19 old reviews (Fendi) in the figures for June 2008 or 17 old
    reviews in the figures for May 2007.

    As you can see, a look at the figures, only throws up more questions than it answers. If the recession is really affecting this business, than it has only begun to do so in the past month. But there are a number of other possible explanations:

    1. Punter activity is indeed growing, but so are the number of escorts, so the number of
    punts per escort may be declining. The reason for an increase in the level of punter
    activity is more likely to be an increase in the number of punters rather than increase
    in individual levels of activity. Increasing membership is an indication of this.

    2. Punters now feel more confident in writing reviews, and therefore a punt is more likely
    to result in some type of review than previously.

    3. The problem with the rats and bogus reviews, could be much greater than anticipated.
    Increased competition amongst individual escorts and agencies during a recession
    would explain this.

    4. Sex is not affected by a recession. We try to shag and drink our way out of it. Only
    death puts a stop to these activites.

    Gentlemen, your opinions please.


    Hi Carlos,

    very clever, your statistics applied to reviews. I think that the big increase in number of reviews you noticed reflects the positive effects of the economic growth of the past. Effects of the recession will be visible in one year or so. And however all the other possible reasons you indicate are likely to have contributed.
    I think the recession is only beginning to touch people now. There will be a lot of sex offer from non-professionals, it is just beginning now. Pat, a new possible expansion of your activity? Independent escorts, agency escorts, housewives-with-an-out-of-work-husband and student-with-too-many-bills-to-pay escorts?

    Best regards,

    Lino

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,752
    Reviews
    24

    Post

    Good work Carlos, however in order for your statistics to be accurate you would also need access to the number of message board members for each month and use that figure to calculate a more meaningful distribution. More members = more reviews.
    I hate being bi-polar, it's brilliant.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Deep down in the E-I dungeon
    Posts
    11,634
    Reviews
    29

    Default

    From my own point of view I'll still go and see escorts as often as the past. I will always find a few quid. You can't give up sex. Although I go out with girls in the real world theres nothing like seen an escort.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    558
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    The rats are defo on the increase every month
    Dublin tbc , Belfast tbc, Cork tbc

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,442

    Default Students on the Game!

    Lino, I like your suggestion of nubile students going on the game to pay their bills (third-level ones only of course).

    Brings to mind a blonde medical student from TCD many years ago. God, it would have taken a team of highly qualified surgeons hours to extract me out of her if I'd have had the opportunity to get intimately acquainted.

  7. #7

    Default oh Carlos...

    Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    Lino, I like your suggestion of nubile students going on the game to pay their bills (third-level ones only of course).

    Brings to mind a blonde medical student from TCD many years ago. God, it would have taken a team of highly qualified surgeons hours to extract me out of her if I'd have had the opportunity to get intimately acquainted.
    Don't tell me anything, I just made the acquaintance of a student of such a beauty as to take your breath away. Oh my God, if she only might run into problems with her bills...
    Good nite, dream well,
    Lino

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,442

    Default Bills

    Lino, if those bills mount up and you can't give her sufficient financial assistance, just PM me brother, day or night. I'm always available for 24 hour emergency outcalls to those in true need. I can also provide her with a councelling/chaplaincy service in addition to a financial aid package and my terms will be nothing that she cannot handle.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.
    Posts
    1,859
    Blog Entries
    65
    Reviews
    35

    Thumbs up End of days...

    Quote Originally Posted by lino View Post
    Hi Carlos,

    very clever, your statistics applied to reviews. I think that the big increase in number of reviews you noticed reflects the positive effects of the economic growth of the past. Effects of the recession will be visible in one year or so. And however all the other possible reasons you indicate are likely to have contributed.
    I think the recession is only beginning to touch people now. There will be a lot of sex offer from non-professionals, it is just beginning now. Pat, a new possible expansion of your activity? Independent escorts, agency escorts, housewives-with-an-out-of-work-husband and student-with-too-many-bills-to-pay escorts?

    Best regards,

    Lino
    Actually there are a lot of people feeling the pinch at the moment. Plenty of people I know are now on the scratch.

    It depends on what your occupation is or was in their case. The world's economic, social and environmental situation is now totally changing.

    I think its great. A change is always good for Mankind as a whole. Sure a billion or so might perish due to starvation (and thats horrible) but it needs to occur. Every civilization has its peek before it all crashes down.

    Ride the wave while ya can is what I say.

    I feel sorry for those whom are married and have kids. You poor bastards have been handed the bag of shit.

    It's also sad that the north pole will be gone before I die, it'll just be appart of the ocean. Like seriously guys, its over! People need to realise that. We as a species are 4-5 generations away from extinction. To think that we will make it well into the next century is stupid.

    Food is running out, Resourses are running out, population has exploded in the last 30-40 years, the green-house effect is in full swing, the majority of animals on the planet are gone. Game over boys. Game fucking over!

    But like I said, fuck it. These are the last days of Rome and I'm going out with a hard-on.
    Escort of the Month and E-I Interview Blogs; http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards/blogs/ricflair/
    Marsha Miss April E-I 2012 http://www.escort-ireland.com/2f00ff...t-reviews.html

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,442

    Default Lets watch Rome burn together

    Very poetic RicFlair, with true style as always. When the end finally comes, I suggest we all grab an escort each and head up to the Sugarloaf. We can nominate one of us, who is musically talented to play the part of Nero, and we can all make merry and frolic while the emerald isle goes down the shithole. Can you play the lyre buy any chance Ric?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •