Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: TV3: Sweet Rachel and LaBelleThatcher

1. Default

I cant find it, where abouts is it in the show.... am full of admiration for Rachel, all this ridiculous talk about what she is wearing is So pathetic and immature it is not worth talking about, this is a serious topic ,get a life ..

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justwantacuddle For This Useful Post:

anon361 (17-01-13), Christian Grey (17-01-13), JAMESCORK (17-01-13), LaBelleThatcher (17-01-13), Morpheus (18-01-13), Rachel Divine (17-01-13), Stephanie (17-01-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Rachel View Post
    I work in Belfast this week, drove down to Dublin and up here in the same day ... Silly?! I dont think so
    Okay, but you do work a lot in the Republic. Lillian doesn't. So I find it odd that anyone would expect her to travel four hours or so each way to protest against proposed legislation in a country which, as far as I know, she has never even been in before. Especially when most of the people asking this are affected, and I didn't see them on television either.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

EnglishAlex (17-01-13), Lilian (17-01-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by justwantacuddle View Post
    I cant find it, where abouts is it in the show.... am full of admiration for Rachel, all this ridiculous talk about what she is wearing is So pathetic and immature it is not worth talking about, this is a serious topic ,get a life ..
    It seems to be gone off TV3 but you'll get it on YouTube.

6. Default

Link? please

Quote Originally Posted by n73 View Post
    It seems to be gone off TV3 but you'll get it on YouTube.

I can honestly say that I think that's the problem Kate, because its Rachel, no matter what she wore, people would have found fault, as you said, some people just love to hate. I collected Rach from Leinster House and I have to say that she looked.........well.......anonymous, no different then a young mum dropping her kids to school, a hairdresser on her way to work or any attendant on their way to a shop. She wasn't over or understated, she looked her normal self. I think people are too obsessed with image. I'm not, I change my image for no man or woman and as someone that's self employed I'm proud to say my clients look beyond my image and choose me on merit, record and skill. Maybe, just maybe people should do the same with Rachel and LeBelle and also appreciate them for their courage their bravery and their conviction to help their fellow workers. I'm not by the way aiming any of this at you, I just chose to use a quote from your post as I felt it gave me a good starting point.
    I would agree with all of that. It's a shame the media and the audience it influences wouldn't.
    The public love to pick fault and bitch. You only have to look at some of the brainless celeb mags that sell based on criticising womens' dress to see that.
    Last edited by UKHeather; 17-01-13 at 10:43.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UKHeather For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (17-01-13), JAMESCORK (17-01-13), Lilian (17-01-13), n73 (17-01-13)

Blog Entries

I can honestly say that I think that's the problem Kate, because its Rachel, no matter what she wore, people would have found fault, as you said, some people just love to hate. I collected Rach from Leinster House and I have to say that she looked.........well.......anonymous, no different then a young mum dropping her kids to school, a hairdresser on her way to work or any attendant on their way to a shop. She wasn't over or understated, she looked her normal self. I think people are too obsessed with image. I'm not, I change my image for no man or woman and as someone that's self employed I'm proud to say my clients look beyond my image and choose me on merit, record and skill. Maybe, just maybe people should do the same with Rachel and LeBelle and also appreciate them for their courage their bravery and their conviction to help their fellow workers. I'm not by the way aiming any of this at you, I just chose to use a quote from your post as I felt it gave me a good starting point.
    I can understand that point of view as well. There is no mistaking that Rachel and I are not exactly the best of friends, but that doesn't stop me appreciating or showing my support when I think it is warranted. I won't let my personal feeling colour that. My mistake was trying to make the debate balanced and fair (from what I could see) and I should have left it for the people involved to talk it through. I guess that is one of my bad habits. I'm learning lol.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (17-01-13), Lilian (17-01-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Rachel View Post
    I work in Belfast this week, drove down to Dublin and up here in the same day ... Silly?! I dont think so
    I think what he means is that because Lillian only works in Northern Ireland, then the laws that are passed in the Republic of Ireland don't affect her. So why would she come to Dublin to protest a change to Irish law? Probably in the same way that if they were to change laws in the UK then no one here would travel to London to protest.
    Last edited by Zoidberg; 17-01-13 at 10:46. Reason: grammar

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zoidberg For This Useful Post:

Lilian (17-01-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by UKHeather View Post
    I would agree with all of that. It's a shame the media and the audience it influences wouldn't.
    The public love to pick fault and bitch. You only have to look at some of the brainless celeb mags that sell based on criticising womens' dress to see that.
    Yep, that's the tabloid gutter press for you. That said I was interviewed by TV3 on several occasions about a situation I was in and can't find fault in them, they're great for championing a good cause and aren't afraid to criticise the state...........you won't hear that about RTE.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    That'll be me
    Liar. You've all the local men wrapped around your finger, you make them go to the shops for you. You heartless tease.

Blog Entries

well done ladies

it was a shame they didnt show the longer interview on television last night, please keep us posted if it is to be aired at a later date.

Again well done for standing up for what you believe in. I was very impressed xx

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Naughtynatalie For This Useful Post:

Christian Grey (17-01-13), JAMESCORK (17-01-13), mer (17-01-13), Rachel Divine (17-01-13), Stephanie (17-01-13)

Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast