Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstrong on Oprah

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Totally disagree - Armstrong should always deserve credit for beating cancer but when his success was based on fraud , intimidation , pure hypocrisy (live strong !??!!!) , he deserves all the abuse that he's getting.
    So who rode the bike to the finish line? Drugs or not it takes mentality of a certain kind to do that. Give the average guy twice the drugs , a mile head start and an engine and he wouldnt come close to getting to where Armstrong got. Pro sports are a business and is dirty like any other business.

Westside.

Blog Entries

And by the way , it was the very same with the people he fell out with, when they encouraged him to use drugs, probably set him up with suppliers and defo set him up with a drugs informed doc so he wouldnt pop his clogs too early.

Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    This man wasn't an innocent pawn....he was the lynch pin of the whole scam, bullying other riders into taking the same stuff so the team would be stronger. The amount of juice his crew were taking the incredible hulk wouldn't have been able to keep up.

Forgive me if I don't consider him a victim

Totally agree my man. totally.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Harry P For This Useful Post:

Martin Ward (10-01-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    In the way that the powers that be who run the show ignore the top guys positive tests (assuming they actually test them at all) so to keep the money coming in via spectator attendances. There is no scam just the way it goes when money comes along and by the way juice is genetic in terms of response as the stuff clings to receptors and the receptors vary from individual to individual. I am willing to bet there are guys who cant come close to any on that team who take more.

Westside.
    Of previous champions since the early 90's, Jan Ullrich, Pantini (spelling??), Flyod Landis & Contador (& maybe one more) have all had bans of some description. So to say 'The tour ignores the top guys' is wrong.....

Reviews

Undoubtedly it take a very strong mentality to win any tour de france races never mind a series of them.However, its much much more moral courage for a cyclist to eschew the peer pressure of his team , media ,rivals to maintain the omerta and just join in the doping. And many cyclists took that option knowing that it compromised their careers. Unfortunately, the conspiracy of silence extends from sponsors to fans , some of whom feel the ends justify the means and f*ck the people who remain clean .Give me somebody with the integrity of Walsh (who fought for the truth despite the unrelenting pressure from most )any day of the week than an talented egomaniac who deliberately defrauded,bullied and ruined others' reputation on his way to 'success'.

“Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

8. Default

Dose anyone know if it will be on one of the sky channels!!! Any person that's beats cancer deserves so much credit for coming through such a tough fight BUT to continually deny and lie to use genuine all round sports fans is nothing short of disgusting!!! Hang you head in shame lance,not only are you and you lies an embarrassment to cycling but to all sport!! Cycling is now actually a laughable sport,every single Tour de France winner is some form of cheat,Marco pantini is dead,ullrich cheat,Pedro Delgado cheat,Lauren fignon cheat,Erik zabel cheat,Richard virenque cheat,Ivan basso cheat,Floyd landis cheat,Tyler Hamilton cheat..... their just d ones off d top of my head,honestly cycling is now a circus of a sport and lance Armstrong is d worst of the lot!!!

In the eyes of our lord, we are all winners

“Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Reviews

its going to be recorded on his ranch
    its a one on one interview lasting 90 minutes
    as oprah is a buddy of his , she wont grill him and ask him about the drugs and lies he spun
    it will be a load of bollix and he will be made look like some sort of martyr

11. The Following User Says Thank You to j81 For This Useful Post:

jer10 (10-01-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Totally disagree - Armstrong should always deserve credit for beating cancer but when his success was based on fraud , intimidation , pure hypocrisy (live strong !??!!!) , he deserves all the abuse that he's getting.Why do you think he chose Oprah to give an interview ? OP is totally correct - this is about damage limitation to Brand Armstrong (just like Tiger Woods returning conference but at least in his case it was mere infidelity) - The same treatment should be meted out to all sportspeople and enablers (including complicit media who trade silence for accessibility) .David Walsh and Paul Kimmage amongst others - true heroes in a cynical world.
    I am no fan of Armstrong as a "sportsman",he beat cancer which a fair few does,I personaly think that there are very few clean people in sport.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast