Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Reviews

Am I the only one who thinks LOTR would have been 10x more awesome if that prat Elijah Wood wasn't in it?
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

Martin Ward (11-01-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks LOTR would have been 10x more awesome if that prat Elijah Wood wasn't in it?
    gandalf has not aged 1 bit lol he must be around 120 years of age lol

Reviews

I saw it: Just when I thought they couldn't make anything worse than Lord of the Rings, they make the Hobbit what a pile of arse...

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    gandalf has not aged 1 bit lol he must be around 120 years of age lol
    Actually, he has lived 300 lives of Men

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Frodo is not happy with your submissionzzz

“Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Reviews

I'm sorry to say that I left the cinema feeling very disappointed in it. Even my 10 yr old son was a bit confused about parts of it and saying that didn't happen in the book, that was different,

The start of it just seemed to be bits that they found on the cutting room floor from the LotR trilogy and said ohh lets use these

The bit with Radagast being chased was to me only put in as a filler to bulk out the time spent watching it , it actually did nothing for the storyline . the wargs don't chase them until after they leave the mountains . I could go on and on

I was extremly disappointed with the Dwarves, they looked like no effort was put into them at all, Gimli in the trilogy was perfect but these guys were just - pick the actor, shove him in some outfit and we'll edit it to make them look shorter. Now the songs were amazing and exactly pitched the mood that you get from them in the book. Where was the comedy element with Bombur and Bifur, Fili and Kili were the only ones that half came across as believable.

As for the rest of the book taking up two movies (another 6 hours) my kid asked me as we were driving home, ' well if thats where they finished that movie what part in the book will they finish the second, how much will actually be left for the third or will that be just hours of battle

So all in all not impressed

BUT of course I will be first in the queue next year for the next installment

Loved this movie and planning to go see it again. woohoo cannot wait for second part !

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicole For This Useful Post:

Big J (11-01-13), Renatha Lopez (11-01-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I did not particularly like Lord of the Rings,but i thought this was a good film.If you go without any expectations i think you would enjoy.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Big J For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (11-01-13), Nicole (11-01-13), samlad (11-01-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Renatha Lopez View Post
    I didn't watch yet... I have plans to go to cinema on sunday hihihi... Hope I like the movie too
    I think its great fun Renatha, go and see it in 3D and bring some snack with you

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole For This Useful Post:

Renatha Lopez (11-01-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Renatha Lopez View Post
    I didn't watch yet... I have plans to go to cinema on sunday hihihi... Hope I like the movie too
    I'm sure that watching those Dwarves killing all those Orcs will make you really HORNY, Renetha. Hihihihihihihi.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Renatha Lopez (11-01-13)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast