Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama takes up where he left off

1. Default

So it 2% on earners over 400k a year? So glad I'm not in America

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    The point im making is that so much was promised a new dawn , this economic situation is going to drag and drag and
    suddenly his 8 yrs will be over and what he will have achieved will be very modest.
    In the beginning there was a euphoria about he being the first black president (and probably rightly so) but in the cold
    light of day when his 8 year term is looked back upon and judged no differently than any others term prior to him, i feel
    thats his failures in what he set out to achieve will be much greater than his success.
    As a previous poster alluded to he talks a good fight but i fear thats wearing a bit thin now.
    As for ure point about he having a better chance than Romney of getting consensus, i wonder actually and its not a case
    of Romney v Obama its more a case of Republican v Democrat whereby the Republicans are as set in there ways and stubborn
    as mules the Democrats would be more realistic and prepared to move towards a consensus.
    Fair points Ber, Obama talks far more than he can actually do. But don't all politicians do that? And don't we all vote for them anyway??

As for talking though, you'll have to admit, he sounds a damn sight more impressive than our own Enda!! Although the end product may be the same.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

warmcome (02-01-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtylittlefecker View Post
    So it 2% on earners over 400k a year? So glad I'm not in America
    No, the 2% that's being discussed will affect everyone making less than $113,000/yr. 2 years ago there was a 2% reduction in the payroll tax for those workers, that reduction expired and was not renewed in this new package. People that make over 450,000 are going to see an payroll tax increase of 4.6%, they're going from a 35% rate to a 39.6% rate.
    Last edited by dodiddly; 03-01-13 at 03:10.

To be fair to the guy, Second term Presidents are always lame ducks. But his campaign was the same this term, as last.
    eg. I'm not the other fella! Which is no real basis for choosing a party, let alone a leader. Serving the people that elect you, seems to have been forgotten by most politicians in all Western democracies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12