Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriotism

Reviews

Question Patriotism

are you? what do you get from it? is it justified or just to be expected?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I am. I'm always givin out about the weather and stuff.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WatWatWat For This Useful Post:

Amanda Babe (30-12-12), Stephanie (30-12-12), Sweet Disposition (30-12-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by WatWatWat View Post
    I am. I'm always givin out about the weather and stuff.
    boxers too tight, WWW?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    A little bit.
    Not everything about this country is great but there are somethings we can be proud of.
    As I didn't have any choice in being Irish, no point in me getting too hung up on it.
    There is nothing worse for the lying soul than the mirror of reality

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to max california For This Useful Post:

Sweet Disposition (30-12-12), warmcome (30-12-12)

Reviews

I'm not patriotic in the sense that I hate the Nation-State world order. I believe in protecting cultural diversity and having a leading culture in each country. I hate multiculturalism as it just creates ghettos for various communities and there is chaos because they all want to protect there own interests. Each country should have a leading culture for everyone to integrate because this protects cultural diversity as multiculturalism dilutes cultures under the current hegemony of mass consumerism and globalisation. I put it to you that there is a real lack of cultural diversity in the world, I have been to countries all over the place and I just shudder when I see the same shops, supermarkets and clothes everywhere I go.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ladytron For This Useful Post:

Brock (31-12-12), Cassandra (01-01-13), curvyirishgirl katie (10-01-13), erratios (07-01-13)

Reviews

it's not just Ireland. i find it curious to see it in all nations.
    good and bad everywhere?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ladytron View Post
    I'm not patriotic in the sense that I hate the Nation-State world order. I believe in protecting cultural diversity and having a leading culture in each country. I hate multiculturalism as it just creates ghettos for various communities and there is chaos because they all want to protect there own interests. Each country should have a leading culture for everyone to integrate because this protects cultural diversity as multiculturalism dilutes cultures under the current hegemony of mass consumerism and globalisation. I put it to you that there is a real lack of cultural diversity in the world, I have been to countries all over the place and I just shudder when I see the same shops, supermarkets and clothes everywhere I go.
    perhaps, but this is due to economics, fashion etc. i embrace multiculturalism and like to see
    the dominant culture being diluted. straight up, my bad!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by max california View Post
    A little bit.
    Not everything about this country is great but there are somethings we can be proud of.
    As I didn't have any choice in being Irish, no point in me getting too hung up on it.
    I like our country and most of its people. I don't have to wave a flag or wear a leprechaun suit or rant about the brits. I really dislike our own people downing or dissing our country, or saying some other country is so much better then us. We are no better or worse than any other people, but we are us and all this negative talk that is fashionable now is doing nothing but harm to our people
    While most people find arrogance obnoxious, the constant negativity in our media is having a dreadful effect on the spirit of our people, we are not that bad
    Last edited by dob; 30-12-12 at 19:36.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:

Amanda Babe (30-12-12), Big J (07-01-13), Sweet Disposition (30-12-12)

A sense of belonging, a sense of identity xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

client030314 (30-12-12), Rocker123 (01-01-13)

Reviews

perhaps, but this is due to economics, fashion etc. i embrace multiculturalism and like to see
    the dominant culture being diluted. straight up, my bad!
    multiculturalism destroys cultures, it does the opposite of what it's supposed to do; it divides people. I don't have a problem with people preserving their own cultural values when they move to a new country as long as they don't impede on the leading culture. it's also a precursor for spreading mass culture tied into mass consumerism: same movies, same music spread all over the world making everything other cultures have to offer obscure. In all fairness, most people do make an effort to adapt when they arrive in a new country but a lot of them get marginalised because there is a lack of a leading culture to join. If each country has a leading culture, than cultural diversity will be preserved and they'll be able to better protect themselves from being swamped by mass culture, ready-made for mass consumerism spread by globalisation.

multiculturalism = heterogenisation, not diversity.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ladytron For This Useful Post:

dob (30-12-12)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast