Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gang raped woman in India has died

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Sandy 69 View Post
    This is awful, the woman who was gang raped in India has died of multiple organ failure. Such terribly sad news. A young, educated woman so cruely robbed of a future & a family left to grieve & try to put their lives back together.

Sandy x

Just hear about the case yesterday. This is an awful, awful, awful travesty of justice and a sad reflection on certain aspects of humanity.

Apparently she was a medical student - and she was gang raped and beaten on a bus. What were the other passengers doing??? Just watching???

The public outcry in India has been unprecedented. Unfortunately the authorities have been less enthusiatic to actually tackle the issue of rape which apparently is a huge problem in Delhi and India in general.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    it said on Sky news last night that the tragic young lady took her life?
    This is a different totally unconnected case to the lady on the bus, this was a 17 yr old girl who was Gang raped , apparently
    the police put pressure on her to drop the charges and instead wanted her to marry one of her assaliants.
    She took poison and ended her own life.
    Its quite obvious that this is not really a law and order issue but a huge social issue as to the standing and place of
    women in Indian society.
    It surely puts a bit of perspective on the outcry in India over the Savita Halapannaver issue , in many ways we may be a bit
    oudated and set in our beliefs but at least we dont tolerate the women of our socirty being raped Willy nilly on the streets
    This brings a great shame to the Indian Goverment and Indian society as a whole
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

warmcome (29-12-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    This is a different totally unconnected case to the lady on the bus, this was a 17 yr old girl who was Gang raped , apparently
    the police put pressure on her to drop the charges and instead wanted her to marry one of her assaliants.
    Its quite obvious that this is not really a law and order issue but a huge social issue as to the standing and place of
    women in Indian society.
    It surely puts a bit of perspective on the outcry in India over the Savita Halapannaver issue , in many ways we may be a bit
    oudated and set in our beliefs but at least we dont tolerate the women of our socirty being raped Willy nilly on the streets
    so a raped woman must have that baby in Ireland but the father will be banged up

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    so a raped woman must have that baby in Ireland but the father will be banged up
    That is a different issue completly, which i dont agree with by the way, the point i was making is that the Indian Goverment
    jumped on the bandwagon and it was surely more than a bit hypocritical considering the way they treat the women of their
    country on a daily basis
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

warmcome (29-12-12)

Reviews

Without doubt this was a dreadful act perpetrated by monstrous individuals and I hope that they suffer even just one tenth of what I would wish upon them. All sympathy to the victims and their families, I cannot imagine how the young woman endured her final days.

What I mostly want to point out though is that the Indian authorities were all set to play down the whole thing until the Indian people made their opinion clear. The authorities only decided to act when they realised that they faced a level of violent public disorder that was way beyond their ability to control. The demonstrators are to be praised for their actions, I hope that they have started a process that will change attitudes in India and even perhaps in other conservative/religious societies.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sharkskin For This Useful Post:

curvyirishgirl katie (29-12-12), Morpheus (30-12-12), warmcome (29-12-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Apparently she was a medical student - and she was gang raped and beaten on a bus. What were the other passengers doing??? Just watching???
    The vehicle was a bus but it was not running a bus service. The driver and passengers were all part of a gang of rapists who were touring the streets looking for victims to pick up.

I wonder how many times they had done it before.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sharkskin For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (30-12-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sharkskin View Post
    Without doubt this was a dreadful act perpetrated by monstrous individuals and I hope that they suffer even just one tenth of what I would wish upon them. All sympathy to the victims and their families, I cannot imagine how the young woman endured her final days.

What I mostly want to point out though is that the Indian authorities were all set to play down the whole thing until the Indian people made their opinion clear. The authorities only decided to act when they realised that they faced a level of violent public disorder that was way beyond their ability to control. The demonstrators are to be praised for their actions, I hope that they have started a process that will change attitudes in India and even perhaps in other conservative/religious societies.
    i wonder what it would take to get paddy out protesting in a similar fashion?
    i mean, this whole 'state' has been raped.
    Last edited by warmcome; 29-12-12 at 21:33. Reason: ?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    So sad the amount of women that are raped or sexually assaulted in India, this girls boyfriend was even with her, he got beat up too.
    Women are still second class citizens over there..
    I don't agree, India has social evils, gender inequality wont be on top. Is that something you have experienced or just read somewhere?
    ----------------------------------------------
    I'm a creep,
    I'm a weirdo
    What the hell am I doin' here?
    I don't belong here

Reviews

there were no passengers, the bus was headed back to depot. The biggest issue in India is govt/politicians is insensitive to needs of normal people, corrupt and selfish.

Due to huge hue and cry in India and all over the world, the 6 men who did this will get oharsh punishment (all have been arrested), but govt will not take any steps to stop this happening again.
    I'm a creep,
    I'm a weirdo
    I don't belong here

Reviews

women in Indian society.
    That is a different issue completly, which i dont agree with by the way, the point i was making is that the Indian Goverment
    jumped on the bandwagon and it was surely more than a bit hypocritical considering the way they treat the women of their
    country on a daily basis
    two different issues, one was death of woman due to outdated and draconian laws in one country, other is death of woman due to act of few scumbags, who are in minority, definitely not condoned or something that happens on daily basis.

Both actions must not be acceptable to any civilized society, neither can one action justify other or vice verca
    I'm a creep,
    I'm a weirdo
    I don't belong here

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast