Thread: Nintendo Wii U, or Wii Poo? What do we think?

Default Nintendo Wii U, or Wii Poo? What do we think?

Currently for sale from around the £250/€320 mark, is this just another over-priced console launch, or is this a fair price for what is considered to be the new innovation of gaming technology?

As cool as it looks, personally, much like the Xbox Kinect and Playstation Move, I reckon that this will become another dust collector with a ending up with a limited catalogue of games. I don't think I'll be parting with any cash for this one. Sorry Nintendo.

Reviews

unfortunately the pics make the hand unit look so much bigger than it really is, the screen is actually quite small.. I was expecting a 7'' screen but instead the entire unit is that(3Ds XL has bigger screen)

the price reflects the hand unit as without it the Wii U is only 200 euro

personally gonna wait til next year and by then the black one will be down to about 250

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kazgar For This Useful Post:

samlad (20-12-12)

I don’t get or understand this new yoke from Nintendo, are you supposed to look at the hand-held device or the TV set while you’re playing it? I just don’t get it.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Reviews

It's main function is to continue playing the game anywhere around the house or if someone else wants to watch TV. If you're playing the game on the TV screen I think the small screen is mostly for additional information, such as lives left and mini-games similar to the VMU for the Dreamcast.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ladytron For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (21-12-12)

Reviews

It looks cool, I'm not buying it, I've no time for Nintendo any more. I do love Mario, but even the fat little Italian chap isn't alluring enough these days to make me part with the cash they're asking. I'll stick with the Xbox.