Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know anything about eReaders? (Kindles, etc.)

Reviews

Default Anyone know anything about eReaders? (Kindles, etc.)

Recently I thought that I am eventually going to have to move on with the "new faze" in terms of reading, even as someone resistant to the change and who much prefers "real" books albeit more expensive. There are a number of what seem to be informally called eReaders from a multitude of brands, most of which are competing with the Kindle brand.

How exactly do they function? Can they handle pdfs and is there any specific format that they use? It is possible to download ebooks for free which would be compatible with any brand of eReader?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjaxed View Post
    Recently I thought that I am eventually going to have to move on with the "new faze" in terms of reading, even as someone resistant to the change and who much prefers "real" books albeit more expensive. There are a number of what seem to be informally called eReaders from a multitude of brands, most of which are competing with the Kindle brand.

How exactly do they function? Can they handle pdfs and is there any specific format that they use? It is possible to download ebooks for free which would be compatible with any brand of eReader?
    Dont waste money on an e-reader... get an iPad and everthing else that goes with it ...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

errisx (20-12-12), Tommy H (20-12-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Dont waste money on an e-reader... get an iPad and everthing else that goes with it ...
    Best advice!

Reviews

I wouldn't go for an ipad though, i'd go for one of the android tablets. With the ipad, you have to pay apple for software upgrades, whereas the android's are free. I personally use a samsung galaxy 7" tab and it's awesome. You can even get the kindle app for free which gives you just as much access to books as kindle products with the added bonus of having so much more.

I've had lots of problems with Kindle. After less than 6 months it's knackered. I was looking on some advice forums when I had one problem with it and it's appears that there are lots of problems with them breaking.

Reviews

just get yourself normal books and spend the rest on the women here

Reviews

I can read all the books I want free on my Samsung galaxy s2 and that fone is a year out of date.
    Cindy Forever the girl of my dreams .087 261 4637.

You can skip this Ad in 5 seconds !

Blog Entries

I was given my kindle for xmas last year and I've never had any problems with it. However with technology advancing the way it is, I would also probably upgrade to an ipad rather than get the new kindle fire. I was talking to a chap yesterday who has one from 3g with a built in dongle on contract for something like £30 pm, but then it is his at the end of the contract, so that might be one way to do it without spending a fortune up front.

Reviews

Ya cant bate an auld paperback.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dublad77 For This Useful Post:

Nicole (20-12-12)

Reviews

If you're only going to be using it as an eReader you don't need to spend a fortune, there are loads of cheap tablets out there that are not name brands but do a good enough job, the cheaper end of the scale at @ €100 are generally 7" screens but for 150-180 there are a number of fairly decent 9.7-10" screen models available. Android 4.0-4.1, 1GB of ram, a decent screen resolution, multi touch screen and unlikely but a quad core processor and you're laughing. Argos have a good enough one for sale @ €179.
    Other than that you could go down the second hand route of a ipad or galaxy tab but to be honest people would have paid top dollar for both originally, bith have come down in price considerably so what people want for these second hand isn't far off what you'd get one for new..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast