Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Samlad and JAMESCORK.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Question for Samlad and JAMESCORK.

In light of last nite's result, is it time for Wenger to go?. . . . Discuss.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WatWatWat View Post
    for how long? A week?

wheres his profile?
    Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    for how long? A week?

wheres his profile?
    Westside.
    this is a serious thread for the football heads. Should you not be off evading death or something?

It is time for the board to back Wenger financially. If you sell excellent players and replace them with good players, then you have an issue.

Look at Liverpool, we are not as good as we were when we had Torres, Alonso and Mascherano. Carroll, Henderson and Charlie Adam are not at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    It is time for the board to back Wenger financially. If you sell excellent players and replace them with good players, then you have an issue.

Look at Liverpool, we are not as good as we were when we had Torres, Alonso and Mascherano. Carroll, Henderson and Charlie Adam are not at that level.
    Hey! He asked me and Corky!

What Murt said, like.

Reviews

Have to admit that I am seriously beginning to have doubts about Wenger's place in the club. I have been one of those advocating the fact that most of the blame has to lay with the board and the fact that they are unwilling to spend anymoney, but recently Wenger's player choice has left me confused and wondering is he up to the job anymore.

let's take the Walcott issue, yes he is right to refuse to give into the players demands, players don't rule the club the club rules the players, and Wenger is as stubborn as they come same as Fergie on this issue, BUT he could have dealt with it differently.

The way I personally would have dealt with it would be to say to Walcott ' okay lets do a trial - you have 10 games to prove you can be a striker, then we'll talk', - instead he leaves him on the bench and only brings him on when we are failing to win games, instead preferring Never Pass Gervinho. Last night was the final straw for me , watching Ger was embarrassing, the guy has an innate ability to always fail to look up, last night was his tenth game without a goal, I don't even think he managed a shot on goal and yet we have Theo sitting at home begging to be put up front

Last night we got Arsenaled by Bradford, they passed the ball around us like we weren't there, c'mon guys this is Arsenal's style of play, apart from Jack and occasionally Santi the players seem to have no interest at all. We only came to life when he brought on Rosiky and the Ox and even then he confused me by leaving on Ger, yep I know Pod seemed to disappear after the first 10 minutes, but at least he got his head up and passed the ball to our own players and not charge head first straight into the nearest defender.

Wenger will go down as a legend at the club and rightly so and it is a shame that if he does go it will be on the back of our most disappointing season since he joined us, but he has obviously lost any control he had over the purchasing and keeping of players, his tactics are now old and can be easily read by all the other clubs, he is it seems unable to get this new blend of players to gel together and have the love of the club that previous generations had and with last nights loss will now find it hard to lift their spirits.

The time has come for a change of manager, just for the fact that a new manager always brings that new sense of life and spirit to the club, but this also has to be tied with a change of the board room and the bringing in shareholders who love the club fior the club and not the money they make from dividends

I also believe that the players must hold at least most of the responsibility for our recent failures, at the end of the day they are the ones on the pitch, they have the ball at their feet, and they are the ones not playing with the heart and determination that us Gooners expect from any player that puts on the red and white

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kazgar For This Useful Post:

Martin Ward (12-12-12), thehighwayman (12-12-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by WatWatWat View Post
    I would lime to give my own thoughts on this if I may....

Have to admit that I am seriously beginning to have doubts about Wenger's place in the club. I have been one of those advocating the fact that most of the blame has to lay with the board and the fact that they are unwilling to spend anymoney, but recently Wenger's player choice has left me confused and wondering is he up to the job anymore.

let's take the Walcott issue, yes he is right to refuse to give into the players demands, players don't rule the club the club rules the players, and Wenger is as stubborn as they come same as Fergie on this issue, BUT he could have dealt with it differently.

The way I personally would have dealt with it would be to say to Walcott ' okay lets do a trial - you have 10 games to prove you can be a striker, then we'll talk', - instead he leaves him on the bench and only brings him on when we are failing to win games, instead preferring Never Pass Gervinho. Last night was the final straw for me , watching Ger was embarrassing, the guy has an innate ability to always fail to look up, last night was his tenth game without a goal, I don't even think he managed a shot on goal and yet we have Theo sitting at home begging to be put up front

Last night we got Arsenaled by Bradford, they passed the ball around us like we weren't there, c'mon guys this is Arsenal's style of play, apart from Jack and occasionally Santi the players seem to have no interest at all. We only came to life when he brought on Rosiky and the Ox and even then he confused me by leaving on Ger, yep I know Pod seemed to disappear after the first 10 minutes, but at least he got his head up and passed the ball to our own players and not charge head first straight into the nearest defender.

Wenger will go down as a legend at the club and rightly so and it is a shame that if he does go it will be on the back of our most disappointing season since he joined us, but he has obviously lost any control he had over the purchasing and keeping of players, his tactics are now old and can be easily read by all the other clubs, he is it seems unable to get this new blend of players to gel together and have the love of the club that previous generations had and with last nights loss will now find it hard to lift their spirits.

The time has come for a change of manager, just for the fact that a new manager always brings that new sense of life and spirit to the club, but this also has to be tied with a change of the board room and the bringing in shareholders who love the club fior the club and not the money they make from dividends

I also believe that the players must hold at least most of the responsibility for our recent failures, at the end of the day they are the ones on the pitch, they have the ball at their feet, and they are the ones not playing with the heart and determination that us Gooners expect from any player that puts on the red and white

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

kazgar (12-12-12), Martin Ward (12-12-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    I would lime to give my own thoughts on this if I may....
    just goes to show great minds think alike LOL

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kazgar For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (12-12-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

If he goes are they going to pay the money to get somebody of his calibre,don't think so.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    If he goes are they going to pay the money to get somebody of his calibre,don't think so.
    J. It's a joke thread. Please don't make it another soccer thread.

Jeeeeze.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

Big J (12-12-12), samlad (12-12-12)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast