Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Apple iMac is shite

Reviews

DVD's, CD's, BluRay's etc are dead technologies. All is being delivered via the web. I'm sorry If you believe you need a DVD drive going forward, but then you are going to be in a minority, physical media is dying.

Tough, but that is the way it is.
    Empty vessels makes the most noise.

200+ not out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to corkpunter For This Useful Post:

TiffanyTees (02-12-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    Yes if u want word and open office is not enough for you, have to buy office for mac!
    If its one user for one computer 120$ family 3computers 150$ exactly the same price than windows platform
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...ompare_OHS_CTA
    Uhm no. Apple provides iWork which has pages, keynote and numbers with every new Mac. Whether those satisfies your needs for spreadsheets etc is a different story.
    Empty vessels makes the most noise.

200+ not out.

I think Lilian to be fair mosts people use USB sticks for their storage of data and media, I know I do anyway, disks are and can be a right pain in the arse.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    DVD's, CD's, BluRay's etc are dead technologies. All is being delivered via the web. I'm sorry If you believe you need a DVD drive going forward, but then you are going to be in a minority, physical media is dying.

Tough, but that is the way it is.
    Some people DO need an DVD drive to work with older medias , call me backward , but I need it !

Quote Originally Posted by lilian View Post
    Some people DO need an DVD drive to work with older medias , call me backward , but I need it !

I can't honestly remember the last time I used a DVD drive, corkpunter is correct it's a dying media.

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

Blog Entries

Ive always been a windows lass but since I got the iPad ,then followed by a macbook air

I am converted love mac now .

Agree with the guys dont really need a cd drive love it less weight and bulk

love Tiff x

" Tiffany Tees "
    Strangers are friends I have yet to meet.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiffanyTees For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (02-12-12), Stella (02-12-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DrPaul View Post
    Who uses a DVD drive these days?
    To watch DVDs you know people who walk into HMV and pick up a DVD not illegally downloads movies but buy the actual DVD yeh?? Well you can take those DVDs and play them on a laptop with a DVD drive....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

Lilian (02-12-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lilian View Post
    The new Apple iMac is a case of pay more and get less ! No firewire , only 2 usb and NO DVD DRIVE , what where they thinking !!!!
    Pretty but useless ....
    Sooooo disappointed !
    Hi Lillian

/wave

The only solution for you really is to maybe pick up a second hand USB External DVD drive

Argos still have some
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/store...d0wg264Io%253d

Also you can look up Adverts.ie you might get a second hand one.

I have a 10 year old PC running windows XP and I use Zip discs 100mB!!! back then there was your floppy at 3.5mb so 100mb was a huge deal sadly the Iomega zip discs never took off

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

Lilian (02-12-12)

Reviews

i always use disks cause i download movies and burn them to the disc and then play them on my dvd player and on the big screen cause its better than watching on your laptop so yes in short i need a dvd drive

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mer For This Useful Post:

Lilian (02-12-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    i always use disks cause i download movies and burn them to the disc and then play them on my dvd player and on the big screen cause its better than watching on your laptop so yes in short i need a dvd drive
    Mer my friend! you might consider investing in an Iomega screenplay player, what is this you ask?!? well think of it as an external hardrive you can connect it to your laptop and put movies on it, now take it and you can conect it to your tv and voila you have your movies, no need to burn dvds etc.

Also you can leave by your telly as a regular player, it even comes with a remote control and everything!!

You can also take a usb stick put movies on it from your laptop, take the stick and stick into the player and you can watch movies from that too, no need to lug the player to and from your laptop.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

Lilian (02-12-12)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast