Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry goes to QPR!

Reviews

Default Harry goes to QPR!

Well, Harry is here to save the day again!

He's just moved to QPR who are bottom of the league. He will probably do a salvage job like he did at Spurs!

One London team's loss is anothers gain. I like Harry. A lovable rogue. And a real man manager and motivator. Good luck Harry. Hopefully you'll do the job and keep QPR in the premiership.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...r-3304729.html

"Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

Clyde (24-11-12), very shy guy (24-11-12)

T'riffic!

His first team talk will be, "Just go out and facking run around a bit".

4 points from 12 games will be his new mantra.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

He has a fair enough record,he will probably save them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Big J For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (24-11-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Well, Harry is here to save the day again!

He's just moved to QPR who are bottom of the league. He will probably do a salvage job like he did at Spurs!

One London team's loss is anothers gain. I like Harry. A lovable rogue. And a real man manager and motivator. Good luck Harry. Hopefully you'll do the job and keep QPR in the premiership.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...r-3304729.html

Spot on Morpheus,he will do it too,spurs would have been in the top 4,as you say he does get the best out of player.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (25-11-12)

Quote Originally Posted by spur View Post
    Spurs should never have sacked him.A great manager and QPR are now in a safe pair of hands.
    I agree bud and hopefully he can silence critics by bringing QPR up the ranks.....
    Who loves ya baby......!!

Quote Originally Posted by spur View Post
    Spurs should never have sacked him.A great manager and QPR are now in a safe pair of hands.
    I disagree.

His team was unstructured and weak, and the same players were used until burn-out, with no squad rotation or system. The team relied heavily upon Modric, as you can see just how inept they are without the wee man dictating play in the middle.

Many many many games were so dire and dull to watch, only for a moment of magic from Van der vaart, Bale or Modric opening up a chance. Match of the Day highlights don't encompass all the truly woeful passages of play, and only show the 'highlights', giving rise to the great fallacy that Harry's Spurs were fantastic on the eye.

The hoofing displays with Crouch up top were painful to watch, interspersed with some delightful play from Modric and VdV, but with the squad at Harry's disposal, it's criminal how third place wasn't captured the last two seasons.

Let's not forget the abysmal runs from february until season end, in the last two seasons, almost identical in ineptitude, except that last season, as Harry waved his knickers at the FA and fluttered his eyelashes for the England job, whilst one of the best squads in the league gave up a 10, yes that's TEN, point lead over the 4th placed team, which should have been a 13 point lead when leading at Arsenal, and playing a suicidal tactical game of 4-4-2 and giving up the midfield against them, and not having the balls to change it mid game and not allow his team to be over run by the opposition's numerical advantage in the middle of the park.

His mantra after yet another defeat or draw of "just one of those days" really was hard to stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by weefella View Post
    I disagree.

His team was unstructured and weak, and the same players were used until burn-out, with no squad rotation or system. The team relied heavily upon Modric, as you can see just how inept they are without the wee man dictating play in the middle.

Many many many games were so dire and dull to watch, only for a moment of magic from Van der vaart, Bale or Modric opening up a chance. Match of the Day highlights don't encompass all the truly woeful passages of play, and only show the 'highlights', giving rise to the great fallacy that Harry's Spurs were fantastic on the eye.

The hoofing displays with Crouch up top were painful to watch, interspersed with some delightful play from Modric and VdV, but with the squad at Harry's disposal, it's criminal how third place wasn't captured the last two seasons.

Let's not forget the abysmal runs from february until season end, in the last two seasons, almost identical in ineptitude, except that last season, as Harry waved his knickers at the FA and fluttered his eyelashes for the England job, whilst one of the best squads in the league gave up a 10, yes that's TEN, point lead over the 4th placed team, which should have been a 13 point lead when leading at Arsenal, and playing a suicidal tactical game of 4-4-2 and giving up the midfield against them, and not having the balls to change it mid game and not allow his team to be over run by the opposition's numerical advantage in the middle of the park.

His mantra after yet another defeat or draw of "just one of those days" really was hard to stomach.
    Duno bud as I said time will tell you could be right you post shows you know what your talking about .....
    Who loves ya baby......!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Duno bud as I said time will tell you could be right you post shows you know what your talking about .....
    Oh, he'll do okay with QPR, don't get me wrong, keeping a team up and festering a great team spirit amongst his chosen few is something Harry is great at. The man-management side of getting players believing in themselves is great, however, as long as there are some very talented players there to turn the game on their own, they won't push on too far up the echelons of the league.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to weefella For This Useful Post:

Clyde (24-11-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by weefella View Post
    I disagree.

Can I say one thing about the "burn out" of players and squad rotation,I remember the era of players playing sometimes up to 60 games in the year with no burn out on pitches during the winter that pigs would feel at home on,todays players are a spoilt shower of namby pambys.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (25-11-12)

Quote Originally Posted by very shy guy View Post
    Can I say one thing about the "burn out" of players and squad rotation,I remember the era of players playing sometimes up to 60 games in the year with no burn out on pitches during the winter that pigs would feel at home on,todays players are a spoilt shower of namby pambys.
    There is that element too, which I used to fully agree with, and to some extent I still kind of do.

But, the game has changed so much from back 30 years ago. The speed at which the game is now played, and the sheer intensity of matches is far beyond the strains put on the likes of Jimmy Greaves etc. The modern game, especially the Premier league is played at such frenetic pace that the highest performances must be put in game after game, and the wear and tear on these guys bodies is phenomenal.

But also, to counter my own argument, the dietary and recovery side of things is amazing, and can keep these guys in peak condition, compared to Greaves et al heading for a fry up and a pint afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast