Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BBC to announce Greatest F1 driver this week.

Reviews

Heinz Harald Frentzen for being a contender in a Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkskin View Post
    Given that he is not on the list so far then Ayrton Senna da Silva will clearly be their top pick. Personally I would have reversed their top three and had Clark ahead of Fangio and then Senna.
    The best 3 of their generations for sure.

For me its no contest Ayrton Senna was the greatest racing car driver of all time, not only was he the greatest racing driver of all time but also as a human being he was extraordinary, he gave millions of his money away to help the poor and needy in Brazil.

If you need any convincing I urge you to watch this documentary film about his life that was made in 2011 called ‘Senna’, even if you’re not an F1 fan I promise you you’ll find this film fascinating. Its also one of the most emotional films I’ve ever seen and in fact I was near in tears watching it, I promise you its not to be missed.

"Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JohnRambo For This Useful Post:

Clyde (20-11-12), Metro 6R4 (20-11-12), retired punter (19-11-12)

Possibly his greatest lap I hadn't seen it from on-board before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcIPI7P-aRA

Same lap again but they show him on a bit of lap 2. The last few seconds of this one when the car steps out and he just reacts and straightens her up just sum up his genious perfectly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8EV0gIWw5o
    Last edited by retired punter; 19-11-12 at 23:32.

Quote Originally Posted by retired punter View Post
    Possibly his greatest lap I hadn't seen it from on-board before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcIPI7P-aRA

Same lap again but they show him on a bit of lap 2. The last few seconds of this one when the car steps out and he just reacts and straightens her up just sum up his genious perfectly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8EV0gIWw5o
    RP I don’t know if you ever seen this or not but its brilliant. Top Gear did a special piece about Senna last year. Its only 16 minutes long but it gives you just a slight inside how special he really was, watch it I think you’ll enjoy it:-

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnRambo For This Useful Post:

retired punter (20-11-12)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    RP I don’t know if you ever seen this or not but its brilliant. Top Gear did a special piece about Senna last year. Its only 16 minutes long but it gives you just a slight inside how special he really was, watch it I think you’ll enjoy it:-

Brings back some very happy memories, remember watching Monaco '84 on the TV when I was 9 and just being mesmerised by this guy I'd never heard of in a crap car cathing the leaders one by one lap by lap seconds at a time, from then I was hooked, still also remember the shock and numb feeling of Imola '94, it was a day the world lost a genius it's never replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by retired punter View Post
    Brings back some very happy memories, remember watching Monaco '84 on the TV when I was 9 and just being mesmerised by this guy I'd never heard of in a crap car cathing the leaders one by one lap by lap seconds at a time, from then I was hooked, still also remember the shock and numb feeling of Imola '94, it was a day the world lost a genius it's never replaced.
    Make sure you watch that movie RP, its the same one that Clarkson made reference to at the end of that segment, let me know what you thought of it if and when you get round to watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    Make sure you watch that movie RP, its the same one that Clarkson made reference to at the end of that segment, let me know what you thought of it if and when you get round to watching it.
    Saw it in the cinema and watched again last month. Best documentary if seen.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to retired punter For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (20-11-12)

formula 1 is shite in a bucket

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alec Horan For This Useful Post:

BootSlick55 (20-11-12)

Welcome back Alec

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast