Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: Quote of the Day

Reviews

“What, if some day or night, a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: ‘This life, as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh… must return to you—all in the same succession and sequence—even this spider and this moonlight between the trees and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned over again and again—and you with it, speck of dust!’ Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a tremendous moment when you would have answered him: ‘You are a god, and never have I heard anything more divine!’ If this thought were to gain possession of you, it would change you as you are, or perhaps crush you. The question in each and every thing, “do you want this once more and innumerable times more?” would lie upon your actions as the greatest weight. Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate eternal confirmation and seal?”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

IAmLIAm (12-12-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by stevestrange View Post
    That why you're on Twitter all the time? Do I ever get a mention? Surely I must? Probably say all sorts about me. All of it bad, I hope? I have a reputation to NOT maintain like.

Pardon me, must dash. Some urgent task has suddenly arisen - I have to scratch my arse. Tally-ho and whatnot!
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

Reviews

Wait WTF. Why is SteveB banned??? How am I only finding this out now??
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

Contact with a wicked man is sometimes enough to rot a good deed and cause something bad to come out of it.
    Víctor Hugo

It's Weird Being the Same Age As Old People

[On why she never got married] "Men don't want any responsibility, and neither do I". Julie Christie

"Life is never fair, and perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not." — Oscar Wilde

Reviews

"Don't take life too serious, no one makes it out alive"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nononsense111 For This Useful Post:

Thoreau (04-02-24)

The black sheep, the odd ducks, the rejects, the eccentrics,the loners, the lost and forgotten. More often than not, these people have the most beautiful souls.

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast