Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "50 Shades" is abuse

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I'd like to be tied up and taken advantage of. . . I think it stems from my childhood of being tied up and taken advantage of. . .

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WatWatWat For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (29-10-12), UKHeather (29-10-12)

One mens food is the other mens poison ....

But this book sets women rights back 50 years , has no age limit for buyers ( can be sold to minors ) and is most certainly not a masterpiece as advertised !

Its a piece about a sociophat whos big fear of women plays out in dominant mindgames and his insecurity about himself is only coated over by violence against women , disguised as erotic S&M games !

Reading between the lines , as suggested by an earlier comment , I see a poor insecure fucker who gets of by hurting women and the book paints in glorifying colours !

Everybody has a personal opinion , but when I see business women in pantsuit reading it I ask myself why some brave ladies found it important to risk health and life to fight for the rights NOT to be abused by men and to make shure the laws about violence against women change !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherHeaven View Post
    Or "the story of O"?
    Now that is a story worth reading!!! I'm afraid I abandoned the 50 shades of gray book at 11% on my kindle and replaced it with Oscar Wildes 'Dorian Gray', which I am finding far more entertaining and read worthy.

I probably do need to read on to understand the hype behind the 50 shades of gray books, but I can't get past the awful writing and lack of detail. To me it reads very Mills and Boon and I stopped reading those at 14, when I started reading Catherine Cookson (I blame my Mum for that).

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (29-10-12), client030314 (29-10-12), Lilian (29-10-12)

Surely war is abuse, and murder is abuse...but there are whole genres written about them?

Trying to dictate what other people can read is ALSO abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    I probably do need to read on to understand the hype behind the 50 shades of gray books, but I can't get past the awful writing and lack of detail. To me it reads very Mills and Boon and I stopped reading those at 14, when I started reading Catherine Cookson (I blame my Mum for that).
    Oh I'll pass then...

So "sadomance" FINALLY made it to the best seller lists? Who would have thought it? They really *ARE* usually just Mills and Boon with a few floggings and inventive forms of non-destructive humiliation and torture thrown in.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LaBelleThatcher For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (29-10-12), Curvaceous Kate (29-10-12), Nicole (29-10-12), UncleBob (30-10-12)

Maybe people should make talking/writing about sex taboo again. That way nobody will have a clue what is going on in others peoples bedrooms and nothing to compare their sex lives to. Sexual frustration will disappear as people wont be worried if their having as cool sex as others and isntead focus on what they like. Whether normal/not normal wont be a question anymore, because nobody will know what is the norm. It would be a purely private matter between 2 people and as long as the 2 are content, then thats all that matters.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anna23 For This Useful Post:

client030314 (29-10-12), LaBelleThatcher (29-10-12), Nicole (29-10-12)

Blog Entries

I once met this lovely mature man at a party (no not a swinging one and not a client). We got chatting and he eventually told me that he made and sold vices. Not any old vice and this was his hobby, not his career. He then went on to tell me that they were engineered to fit over a mans penis and squeeze the living daylights out of them. I probably looked like I was sucking on a lemon as he told me this, as the thought makes my eyes water and I don't have one. It later transpired that he started making them for his own pleasure. A few months later while attending a very tame BDSM party with friends I noticed him tied up to a cross and there were 2 very sexy looking ladies using one of his contraptions on him. It looked murderous to me and yet was quite captivating. It was hard to look away and hard to watch at the same time.

I asked him later on in the evening if he had been having fun and he had the biggest beaming smile on his face and happily said, 'Yes!!!'

I really don't think it is right for me or anyone else to judge anyone who has lived a fair life and knows what they like and are doing no harm to anyone else. As with all things, as long as it is between two consenting adults and boundaries are respected then it is up to them.

It is fool hardy to step into the world of BDSM without doing plenty of research first though and make sure that you have safety words in place and do things responsibly.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

client030314 (30-10-12), UncleBob (30-10-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Anna23 View Post
    Maybe people should make talking/writing about sex taboo again. That way nobody will have a clue what is going on in others peoples bedrooms and nothing to compare their sex lives to. Sexual frustration will disappear as people wont be worried if their having as cool sex as others and isntead focus on what they like. Whether normal/not normal wont be a question anymore, because nobody will know what is the norm. It would be a purely private matter between 2 people and as long as the 2 are content, then thats all that matters.
    I don't know. from what I can see, bringing sex as a topic out of the closet in the last twenty years has benefitted women enormously.

Do we really want to put the genie back in the bottle and pretend that sex doesn't exist, and replace it with ignorance about our own bodies?
    Last edited by UncleBob; 30-10-12 at 20:21.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UncleBob For This Useful Post:

client030314 (30-10-12), Curvaceous Kate (30-10-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    Now that is a story worth reading!!! I'm afraid I abandoned the 50 shades of gray book at 11% on my kindle and replaced it with Oscar Wildes 'Dorian Gray', which I am finding far more entertaining and read worthy.

I probably do need to read on to understand the hype behind the 50 shades of gray books, but I can't get past the awful writing and lack of detail.
    I have only speed-read the thing (to see what the kinky bits where) and it's ever bit as dreadful writing as you say. And relatively tame.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UncleBob For This Useful Post:

client030314 (30-10-12), Curvaceous Kate (30-10-12)

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
    I have only speed-read the thing (to see what the kinky bits where) and it's ever bit as dreadful writing as you say. And relatively tame.
    I got to page two...then couldn't resist my bedside thriller...so far, the best thing I can say about it is that all those attempts at writing fiction when I was younger that I have always been embarassed about?

I am no longer embarassed.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LaBelleThatcher For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (31-10-12), client030314 (31-10-12), UncleBob (31-10-12)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12