Thread: Frankie Boyle libel case

Default Frankie Boyle libel case

I see that Scottish comedian Frankie Boyle has won his libel case against the Daily Mirror who accused him of being a racist after he made a joke about the Ministry of Defence using the n word [The Ministry of Defence? At least in the old days we were honest. "Hello Ministry of War, department of nigger bombing, how can I help you?"]
    Boyle is well known for pushing the boundaries of offensiveness with his humour. The Queen of England is so old "her pussy is haunted". The best way to commemorate the late Princess Diana would be "a gangbang in a minefield". Road safety campaign ads in the UK should be "footage of Rchard Hammond trying to remember his own wedding day". He also made jokes about Jordan's disabled son on his Channel 4 show.
    Does he go to far in his attempts to shock or should a comedian be allowed to make fun of any subject that takes his fancy?

Reviews

I think he's brilliant. I don't think he sets out to shock, just has a wonderfully wicked, dark, cruel sense of humour.
    Beats the shite out of the likes of Jason Byrne just shouting about willies desperate for a laugh. Des Bishop's gone to fuck too.