Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypnosis and hypnotherapy

Default Hypnosis and hypnotherapy

I had an interesting chat with someone recently on the subject of hypnosis and hypnotherapy. Has anyone here ever undergone hypnosis and how did you find it? What about self-hypnosis?

interested in doing it myself see would it give me more confidence in life

I went to a very well known hypnotherapist in Dublin years ago, his name was Paul Goldin, think he's dead now?
    anyway I went because of my lack of confidence, didn't work for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Yellow Bricks View Post
    I went to a very well known hypnotherapist in Dublin years ago, his name was Paul Goldin, think he's dead now?
    anyway I went because of my lack of confidence, didn't work for me anyway.
    I was told you have to be totally open and willing to undergo hypnotherapy for it to be a success. If you resist it in any way or have doubts it won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by John Shaft View Post
    I was told you have to be totally open and willing to undergo hypnotherapy for it to be a success. If you resist it in any way or have doubts it won't work.
    I know what you're saying John, I was open minded then, just brushed it off and quickly forgot about it, until I went to another guy last year. once again it had no effect on me whatsoever, having said that I heard it said that hypnotherapy doesn't work on everyone so maybe I am one of the unlucky ones? I would not advise against anyone trying it either.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by John Shaft View Post
    I had an interesting chat with someone recently on the subject of hypnosis and hypnotherapy. Has anyone here ever undergone hypnosis and how did you find it? What about self-hypnosis?
    Yeah I went for hypnotherapy before. After 10 sessions I was a lot poorer, and am still crap in bed!!!
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Yeah I went for hypnotherapy before. After 10 sessions I was a lot poorer, and am still crap in bed!!!
    Not quite sure it can help ya there mate You should never have given up them blue pills

Hmm I wanna try this hypnotherapy thing..... Maybe it'll make LDM somewhat sane.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (25-10-12)

Reviews

It is a subject worth doing some research on.

When you've done it, PM me.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Not quite sure it can help ya there mate You should never have given up them blue pills

Hmm I wanna try this hypnotherapy thing..... Maybe it'll make LDM somewhat sane.
    Save your money dude! There's no therapy on earth that can make you sane!!!
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

Clyde (26-10-12), ladiesman217 (25-10-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Save your money dude! There's no therapy on earth that can make you sane!!!
    If I spent the rest of my life trying to analyse that..... I still don't think I'd be able to answer whether that's a good or a bad thing
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast