Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lance Armstrong stripped of Tour wins

Reviews

a great cyclist/sportsman in my view. budwieser dropped him, kettle black...

Nike, Oakley and Trek gave him many millions over the years, I would say they have Buckley's chance of getting their money back, obviously he is a disgrace and a cheat, an arrogant one at that, but the way the UCI handled this scandal leaves much to be desired too, it took the USADA to bring him down when the UCI should have done that.
    then there was the $100,000 given by Armstrong to the UCI in 2002 which they deny was a cover up for a positive drugs test, in my opinion a few heads from the UCI should roll for their handling of the whole affair, and Pat McQuaid should be the first to go, the man is an idiot. he will have to step down from his position.

A little sad, read his books years ago and at a time when i believed he was a genuine inspiration but undoubtedly has been proven otherwise now

Have read a lot of coverage on this over the last few weeks and the saddest thing for me is not that he cheated, they all do that but that he seemed to use his battle with cancer as a shield against people who questioned him. anyone struck down with cancer and who recovers and battles this horrific disease deserves huge credit for that but he seemed to think he could use this fight and his charities to place himself beyond suspicion when in reality he was doping long before he was diagnosed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12