Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Garda Sergeant, 65k a year, family eats cornflakes for dinner...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    Many more like them. Just gave that as an example to illustrate where my disgust is being directed.
    Name and shame.

Who do you hate ?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Just another pig with his nose in the trough. Stuffing himself.

Reviews

Many of the senior management in admin departments, VEC and city and county managers.

Not saying I hate them, but these are the people who are being overpaid, and who refuse to take any form of cuts in line with the rest of the country.
    Amen to that. Greed pure and simple.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Tax evasion = illegal.

Tax avoidance = legal.

You would do it too.
    No, I wouldn't. It's freeloading off everyone who honestly pays taxes.

And the tax "avoidance" craic is because of the crazy libel laws in this country, and the companies and individuals doing it of course having the resources to chase you around courts for a few years.

Or do you really believe that the likes of Starbucks paying no taxes for the past three years is in any way not tax evasion?

Reviews

Many of the senior management in admin departments, VEC and city and county managers.

Not saying I hate them, but these are the people who are being overpaid, and who refuse to take any form of cuts in line with the rest of the country.
    Hmm, the goalposts seem to have moved just now. Everyone agrees that the 'bonuses' class is paid too much.

Reviews

It has to be stressed that I'm not saying all puublic sector workers are like this. There are many I have total respect and admiration for. Put it to a vote that the "emergency services" should be classed differentially, and I'll vote for it. The same for teachers.

I deal with a few public service workers, and many of them are fine. There are many though that are robbing a living.
    I have a friend who works in the emergency services (fire dept). Has a nice annual salary, but my God is it a tough job. 12 hour shifts. Some weeks working 60 hours. Then you've the mental aspects that come with the job. Honestly I don't think they're paid enough, cos the pressure that comes with jobs in the emergency services is surreal. That includes nurses btw and sure they had their pay cut not too long ago.

I agree with you, they should be all classed seperately.
    Last edited by ladiesman217; 17-10-12 at 22:58.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (18-10-12)

Reviews

This guy has my strategy down to a tee! Have a high income, live on nothing, and thrive. Get a nice trophy wife too, but no filet mignon for me, I'm sticking to cornflakes!

Don't knock our defamation culture. It shall be an essential element of my rise, along with every other area of our rotten legal system. Muahahahahaha

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dr love View Post
    I wonder are the family suffering because he has addictive personality of some sort .: doc
    Agree with you doc,
    Maybe he just loves cornflakes also.

Reviews

Apparently after they pay all their bills (esb, gas , etc) they only have just over 100 euro/ week to survive on

load of bllox my house combined income 30k/year, mortgage and loans alone = 1,300/ month(almost same as his mortgage) and we eat a good home cooked (by myself) everyday

He would want to tell his wife to stop spending 120Euro a week on her hair styles, stop shopping in Superquinn and bring a packed lunch to the station with him

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kazgar For This Useful Post:

Reviews

To address OP - there are ten's of thousands of families across this country that don't benefit from the Croke Fucking Park Avreement (henceforth CFPA).

These tens will become twenties, thirties, etc. until public sector pay and productivity is addressed.

Know a guy who 'works' for a local authority - his job was 'abolished' years ago, but his public sector union insisted he couldn't be redeployed (to protect another ...) - guy has been paid for the last 20 years TO DO NOTHING. And I mean nothing - guy spends his day exercising and with his family.

Public sector is an absolute joke.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hd7055 For This Useful Post:

Old Yellow Bricks (18-10-12)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast