Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serbians Racially abuse English Players.

Default Serbians Racially abuse English Players.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19975032

OK, the scenes were disgraceful last night. I personally think that Serbia should be banned the qualification campaign as it is a repeat offence.

But more interesting is the press reaction. We are basically saying that Eastern Europeans are racist (We hammered the Poles and the Ukranians in the lead up to the Euro's). But are the Slavic people racist, or have they just not learned how to behave themselves in a football stadium yet?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Martin Mod; 17-10-12 at 10:51.

Blog Entries

you can't label people as there is good and bad in each country and i have met people of all nationalities and they have been really nice people so every one shouldn't be tard with the same brush just because there is a few that let's them down and can't behave.
    Sexy English Exotic babe LET ME TAKE YOU TO MY LAND OF FANTASIES AND FORBIDDEN PLEASURE'S

100% GENUINE AND 100% INDEPENDENT AND DISCRETION ASSURED 100% LEGAL

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toya For This Useful Post:

Clyde (17-10-12), Martin Ward (17-10-12), very shy guy (17-10-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19975032

OK, the scenes were disgraceful last night. I personally think that Serbia should be banned the qualification campaign as it is a repeat offence.

But more interesting is the press reaction. We are basically saying that Eastern Europeans are racist (We hammered the Poles and the Ukranians in the lead up to the Euro's). But are the Slavic people racist, or have they just not learned how to behave themselves in a football stadium yet?

Thoughts?
    You can't blame a nation cos of few racists, take for example John Terry we know he's scum and a racist but I'm a Chelsea supporter and they to have Racist supporters but can we tarnish the team? I think it's the governing body's need to clean up there acts.
    Who loves ya baby......!!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clyde For This Useful Post:

Martin Ward (17-10-12), toya (17-10-12), very shy guy (17-10-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    You can't blame a nation cos of few racists, take for example John Terry we know he's scum and a racist but I'm a Chelsea supporter and they to have Racist supporters but can we tarnish the team? I think it's the governing body's need to clean up there acts.
    \

I think you can say their football fans are racist alright - they have a large far right tendency and a history of abuse.
    I'm sure though that as a nation it's more difficult to paint them all with the same brush. Equally Spain and Italy have issues too - especially Lazio. You cant tell me that there are not racists at Millwall and other grounds either because there is - its just its better hidden, in my own experience. What to do though - play behind closed doors ??? but then the genuine fans are impacted too.
    Not an easy one to resolve - more a reflection on society methinks.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topgun For This Useful Post:

Clyde (17-10-12), very shy guy (17-10-12)

Quote Originally Posted by topgun View Post
    \

I think you can say their football fans are racist alright - they have a large far right tendency and a history of abuse.
    I'm sure though that as a nation it's more difficult to paint them all with the same brush. Equally Spain and Italy have issues too - especially Lazio. You cant tell me that there are not racists at Millwall and other grounds either because there is - its just its better hidden, in my own experience. What to do though - play behind closed doors ??? but then the genuine fans are impacted too.
    Not an easy one to resolve - more a reflection on society methinks.
    Exactly. I was hoping somebody got onto this 'holier than thou' attitude that we are portraying. Let's get something straight, the main reason that many fans in the UK aren't making monkey noises is because they will be arrested. Not because we are a utopian society.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

Clyde (17-10-12), nautural bbw (17-10-12), very shy guy (17-10-12)

Totally disgusting, been watching it all afternoon on the news.

Same old story UEFA will do feck all.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Punish the team I say....Shut them out of the qualifying, once the team realises it's being punished because of fans, they will either cop on and do something or realise their done for as a team
    Last edited by TomEA; 17-10-12 at 15:18.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TomEA For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (17-10-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    Exactly. I was hoping somebody got onto this 'holier than thou' attitude that we are portraying. Let's get something straight, the main reason that many fans in the UK aren't making monkey noises is because they will be arrested. Not because we are a utopian society.
    Many years ago I was at my local teams match v Millwall. Our black centre forward was pelted at the away end with bananas at a corner. He stopped picked them up , ate one handed the rest to all the other players - who ate them and they all threw the skins back at them !! Brilliant response I thought. But has it moved on ?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topgun For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (17-10-12), very shy guy (17-10-12)

Uefa wont do anything strong against a country, anyone remember the euro's. Croatia nad Russia found guilty of racism and were find €18,000 and €25,000 (or there abouts) and Bentner was fined €100,000 for advertising paddy power on the waste band of his boxers.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to outsida For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (17-10-12)

oh martin,i would give u a big kiss for that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast