Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: British soldiers arrested for a murder in Afghanistan

Interesting debate to be had. 1 question, any cunt discussing this actually been in their shoes? Doubt it very much.

If you want to learn English, thank a teacher.

If you want speak English freely, thank a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by daftscouser View Post
    Interesting debate to be had. 1 question, any cunt discussing this actually been in their shoes? Doubt it very much.

If you want to learn English, thank a teacher.

If you want speak English freely, thank a soldier.
    Could be argued that if we had accepted a German truce in 1940, the UK could have kept the Empire as we weren't in the German sphere of influence...but probably best not to have that theoretical discussion LOL (The historian in me loves to have alternative history conversations, I'm not a Nazi lol)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

skyliner (18-10-12)

Really like your comment there Martin!!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    Could be argued that if we had accepted a German truce in 1940, the UK could have kept the Empire as we weren't in the German sphere of influence...but probably best not to have that theoretical discussion LOL (The historian in me loves to have alternative history conversations, I'm not a Nazi lol)

Quote Originally Posted by daftscouser View Post
    Really like your comment there Martin!!
    Cheers man!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    Hi...you have to remember, it wasn't army council who brought the court action, it was the families. Army council thought it was fair game.

The real issue is that laws are there to restrict everyone, the government as well as its enemies. If we have a culture where you can just execute who you want, next time British soldiers are captured, they will be just put up against a wall and shot. There will be no POW camps or imprisonment, governments and oppositions around the world will just save money and execute people upon capture.

This is why we have a rule of law. The other option is anarchy and barbarity.
    Who watches the watchmen Martin,if you are going to police/enforce a rule of law you also have to abide by it,not something I would always agree with,terroriests play by different rules be they Irish or Afgans,do any of you remember the 3 British troops that raped and murdered a danish student a few years back,they should have been shot staight away.

u guys on this forum lol

I agree with you Martin in regards to the laws. The Geneva Convention is there for the the protection of POW prisoners and is supposed to be adhered to by the armies , Nato forces and ISAF forces but unfortunatly terrorists live by a different law. I'm sure if american or british troops were captured by the taliban or british troops captured by the IRA they would be under no illusion that they would ever see the inside of a POW camp. They know they would be tortured and executed and that is why they would rather shoot to kill instead of trying to take prisoners.

I have never been in there shoes but i do have friends who have been to Afghanastan and some who are still out there.

when are they planning to withdraw the troops

cause i really think this is a game now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast