Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Syrian conflict

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bi85M View Post
    I have to say that I am very happy that Ireland and Finland are both not member of NATO, because Turkey, USA and Greece are all part of the NATO and they will be probably part of this conflict and they will probably pull all the NATO partners in this war quickly.

You stayed neutral last big war, so you can probably do that again and maybe this time Russia don't have reason to come to Finland and we can stay neutral also.

If not, we have to do this again
    Russia learned some very hard lessons when they invaded Finland,like surrounding troops already dead and freezing your nuts off,sadly the feckers that are now in charge of our country want's us to join NATO,a stated aim of FG,the other lot wanted it as well,civilians are the ones that bear the brunt of war,I hope that it does not happen.
    Last edited by very shy guy; 11-10-12 at 18:46.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (11-10-12)

Quote Originally Posted by very shy guy View Post
    Russia learned some very hard lessons when they invaded Finland,like surrounding troops already dead and freezing your nuts off,sadly the feckers that are now in charge of our country want's us to join NATO,a stated aim of FG,the other lot wanted it as well,civilians are the ones that bear the brunt of war,I hope that it does not happen.
    Also in Finland there is big conversation about NATO again and I think our cabinet of ministers is trying to push us towards joining, but luckily people in streets and our parliamentary opposition are still disagreeing with idea.
    Spoken words fly away, written words remain

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bi85M For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (11-10-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bi85M View Post
    Also in Finland there is big conversation about NATO again and I think our cabinet of ministers is trying to push us towards joining, but luckily people in streets and our parliamentary opposition are still disagreeing with idea.
    Long may it continue Bi85M,not too sure of the sheep here though.

Reviews

i work quite a bit in the middle east and believe me when you are on the ground there you realise that it is a potential powder keg, the iranian and hezobbelah are going to back the monarachy of syria to the death, no one wants to piss off the hezobbelah and the iranian as they are head cases, i know no body likes the yanks but only for them the middle east would have kicked off ages ago, i pity the people of syria they are been massacred and there is nothing we can do about it as the middle east is a powder keg at the moment

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RodeoMan For This Useful Post:

Martin Ward (12-10-12)

I think the press, especially SKY News need to stop warmongering. It reminds me of that Bond film where the Media Mogul engineers a war....

They paint it as the brave people of Aleppo rising up against the tyranny of Assad. In fact it is bumpkins from the countryside and foreign Jihadis infesting Aleppo (who really wanted no part of the revolution) Alex Crawford is one of the most loathsome 'journalists' I have ever seen. Her 'goodies v baddies' mantra is sickening. I detested it in Libya as well

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (12-10-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    I think the press, especially SKY News need to stop warmongering. It reminds me of that Bond film where the Media Mogul engineers a war....

They paint it as the brave people of Aleppo rising up against the tyranny of Assad. In fact it is bumpkins from the countryside and foreign Jihadis infesting Aleppo (who really wanted no part of the revolution) Alex Crawford is one of the most loathsome 'journalists' I have ever seen. Her 'goodies v baddies' mantra is sickening. I detested it in Libya as well
    It is a highly complex region Martin that as you say warmongering media should keep their noses out of.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

Martin Ward (12-10-12)

Here is good example how media can choose what to show to us.
    Spoken words fly away, written words remain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234