Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ios6

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Ok I have some questions if I may!

Can you get google maps, the street view feature on an iphone 3gs?

Does apple really have you by the balls and you have to buy every single app?

If I got a bill pay plan can you still get 300 free webtexts?

just.... well I won't get an iphone 5 because it's .5 of an upgrade from 4s but meteor are doing a decent deal on iphone 4s and I may, just dip my feet into apples crystal clear lake of awesomeness.

Dear fooookin gawwwwwwd has anyone heard the ads on newstalk about farming accidents about the tractor's PTO? da....fuq! balls just went up inside me

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by takemedrunkimhome View Post
    Just downloaded IOS 6 for my iphone. I am not any use at this but can someone tell me any of the new features?

Apart from passbook thingy I cant see any difference?
    http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/09...ish-treatment/

Basically it's faster, privacy options are greatly improved, some options are now in better places, better 'busy' options, Maps is updated but mapping content has quite a way to go to get back to what it was, and the Panorama functionality.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    Ok I have some questions if I may!

Can you get google maps, the street view feature on an iphone 3gs?
    The problem is that Apple's deal to have Google's mapping content on iOS has expired. The smart money is that Google doesn't want to put the crown jewels on iOS rather than Android (no turn-by-turn navigation and worse quality mapping on iOS was their doing, not Apple's) but we'll see what they do. They may decide to do like their YouTube app and provide a Google Maps one if they can bundle advertising with it.

Does apple really have you by the balls and you have to buy every single app?
    I've no idea what you're talking about. iOS 6 is free? And it's up to developers as to whether or not they charge for their apps - unless you're really talking about software piracy, of course.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
    The problem is that Apple's deal to have Google's mapping content on iOS has expired. The smart money is that Google doesn't want to put the crown jewels on iOS rather than Android (no turn-by-turn navigation and worse quality mapping on iOS was their doing, not Apple's) but we'll see what they do. They may decide to do like their YouTube app and provide a Google Maps one if they can bundle advertising with it.

I've no idea what you're talking about. iOS 6 is free? And it's up to developers as to whether or not they charge for their apps - unless you're really talking about software piracy, of course.
    I should clarify my last part, just I always got the impression from apple that everything costs money like if I want Divx player, I won't be able to cause apple has it's own player, that kinda thing, like is apple really restrictive than android?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    Ya I mean like maps and stuff cause all get is sorry I cat search for places in this country

Well is it fixed or do the maps only work in America
    Yes the Maps app works in Ireland - is now in 3D like having a mobile sat nav just put in current location , destination press 'route' and it will give it in 2d or 3d and with a voice, plus written directions - forget Garmin/ Tom Tom this is great ! For all those planned visits Mer.!! or getting home from a field at 4am.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topgun For This Useful Post:

mer (20-09-12)

Reviews

Ok just updated me phone to iOS no major difference but hey me phone is up to date now

The maps is cool

How go I get the voice on the maps to work ? Lol

Reviews

Ohh the panorama on the camera is fucking deadly lol does it stay that small or can ya make it bigger its fucking tiny picture when your done haha

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by topgun View Post
    Yes the Maps app works in Ireland - is now in 3D like having a mobile sat nav just put in current location , destination press 'route' and it will give it in 2d or 3d and with a voice, plus written directions - forget Garmin/ Tom Tom this is great ! For all those planned visits Mer.!! or getting home from a field at 4am.
    What happen if your driving on a mountain tho an your phone signal is shite lol or does the map work on different signal?? I told ya I'm as dumb as a bag of ice cream lol

Reviews

ohh ya forgot to add there is a massive improvment with Siri the fucking bitch understands what im saying now and can search for everything you want now Siri is actually cool now, it used to be just limited to certain stuff but it can get you directions now and everything ohh and food places lol just another reason to talk to myself haha

Siri calls me sexy dont ya just love the big bang theory haha

haha
    Last edited by mer; 20-09-12 at 20:26.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    No it won't, everything will be the same, just with the new software!

Slightly off topic but is anyone have the OSX Mountain Lion??if yes is there much difference between the Mountain Lion and the previous one?thnks
    Depends what you mean is big differences. There is a big push to make it look and feel more like iOS, so if you like iOS and it's apps, then you'll most likely also like Mountain Lion. It now has reminders as on the phone, notes as on the phone, Messages on ML will now allow you to send imessages to iOS devices also. Also it'll allow you to have it synchronised so you can have a chat on Messages on the iPhone with iOS 6 and it'll show on your Mac with ML, so you can go and continue your chat. One thing I use is having some tabs in Safari open on my Mac and with iCloud and iOS 6 I can click on a button on the Safari browser on the phone and it'll show me the same tabs as I have open on my Mac. Lots more info on the over 200 new features in ML over Lion here: http://www.apple.com/osx/whats-new/.
    Empty vessels makes the most noise.

200+ not out.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast