PDA

View Full Version : British Open Golf

westcorklad
18-07-13, 07:48
Any predictions for the Open which got under way earlier this morning?

Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson are the bookies favourites but I think Luke Donald may finally win a major and continue the European winning streak.

justfrank44
18-07-13, 16:23
Another very bad day for mcilroy, what has gone wrong with his form? Ile go for jimenez to win.

Rory seems to have his mind on things other than golf. He would need to get his head out of his ass before he ruins himself.

Best Before
18-07-13, 17:24
Another very bad day for mcilroy, what has gone wrong with his form? Ile go for jimenez to win.

His head is not in the right place, he can't go on blaming the clubs. Its hard to call this open as there is no one playing amazing and winning everything. But you can never rule out woods.

NoBrain2
18-07-13, 17:30
As always ill go for woods, could this finally be the one to end his drought

garconix
19-07-13, 18:04
Westie, I had the same thought as you with Donald, particularly after Rose's win in the US, but Luke had a right donkey yesterday. The other one which came to mind was Westwood, he's sitting alright after 2 rounds, so I'll go with him. However Tiger's looking like he might break his run in the majors.

westcorklad
19-07-13, 20:44
So the Mechanic Jiminez has a one shot lead at the halfway stage of the Open.Tiger is only a stroke behind and really anyone within six or seven strokes of the lead is still in contention to lift the Claret Jug on Sunday evening.However Rory, Justin Rose and my pick Luke Donald will have the weekend off.

Best Before
20-07-13, 09:34
So the Mechanic Jiminez has a one shot lead at the halfway stage of the Open.Tiger is only a stroke behind and really anyone within six or seven strokes of the lead is still in contention to lift the Claret Jug on Sunday evening.However Rory, Justin Rose and my pick Luke Donald will have the weekend off.

Tiger's on the prowl!

garconix
20-07-13, 09:45
There are some interesting pairings today, Paddy and Sergio are teeing up in a few minutes (no love lost there), Bubba and Poulter could be very interesting like a Ryder cup singles match and Tiger and Westwood, it'll be fun to see if they hold their nerve!

Roll on Peter Alliss!

westcorklad
20-07-13, 19:29
Westwood has a two stroke lead with one round to go.Could this be the year that he finally wins a major? Tiger,Adam Scott and Hunter Mahan are all close behind him though so still anyones guess as to who the winner will be.

garconix
20-07-13, 20:14
It's surprising how difficult it has been to get a score together so far, I wouldn't be very surprised if the winner finishes at level or just over par. After round 1 there was over 20 players better than par, yesterday there was only 9 and today that's just 3!

I'd like to see Westwood do it, he's been one of the top 3 in Europe for most of the last 15 years and he's grafted at his game during that time. The old putter can be dodgy at times, but it's excellent this week and I remember watching him down in the K Club in 97 or 98 and thinking what a terrible touch he had on his short game, that's come on a lot. All that will be tested big time tomorrow!

Hopefully we'll get a good exciting finish on the back nine :D

ladiesman217
20-07-13, 22:41
I'd like to see Westwood win. I met him once during one of the Pro-Am events here in Limerick. Lovely guy I have to say.

dob
20-07-13, 23:54
Golf.... Hell no.

I loved it when Darren Clarke won it, he has been on the lash ever since

NoBrain2
21-07-13, 20:08
great win for mickelson, great final round, well deserved. plus his wife is hot:D

ladiesman217
21-07-13, 21:37
Mickleson now leads by two, looks like westwood has blown his chance of winning.

Yet again. Twas an exciting round of golf it has to be said.

westcorklad
21-07-13, 21:40
Great back nine performance from Mickelson to win his first Open and fifth major in total.Looks like Westwood may go through his career without ever winning a major and the drought continues for Tiger.Onwards to the US PGA next month.

westcorklad
21-07-13, 21:41
great win for mickelson, great final round, well deserved. plus his wife is hot:D

Amy was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago but she appears to be in good health now.

Tony soprano22
21-07-13, 22:02
omg golf in sports section wth ??

ladiesman217
21-07-13, 22:10
Great back nine performance from Mickelson to win his first Open and fifth major in total.Looks like Westwood may go through his career without ever winning a major and the drought continues for Tiger.Onwards to the US PGA next month.

Always happens to Westwood. I would have loved to see him win, he deserves a Major. But the same old same old happens to him. 2008 since Woods last won a Major I think. Or is that won any championship.

NoBrain2
21-07-13, 22:16
2008 us open was his last major. he's one 4 times this year and being in contention in the open shows that hes playing well, just needs to keep putting himself in contention in the majors and he's sure to win another soon

ladiesman217
21-07-13, 22:33
Anyone see Els' eagle on the 17th? What a beauty.