Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nct

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by name is buck View Post
    yes you can.
    once you make a booking they will send you a e mail and a text to your phone if you are stoped by the guards you just show them the text message that you are booked in and you will be alright.

it is not your falt the NCT center has a back log and you can not be held responcble for it.
    This is correct as had similar situation a while ago

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

MrKinky (19-03-13)

Reviews

Mine expired at the end of September last year and I booked my test for the 2nd week of November. I was driving around no bother, I just printed out the confirmation e-mail they send you and showed it the gards whenever I was stopped.

yes you can just print off the confirmation email!
    i asked nct whats the story in that case, and told me if road tax and insurance is fine, its not a problem!
    Good bye Ireland!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

MrKinky (19-03-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    No you can't. Rachels car was took off her, with a load of my shopping bag's in the boot. That was an expensive day.....
    The car probably wasn't in her name. They wouldn't boot you's out and lift the car for no NCT. I'd imagine the rest of the window decorations were missing too? Tax and so on.

Iv printed out the booking details, so I guess I just have to hope I don't get pulled over.

My insurance is up in April and the test isn't till May, Will I have a problem getting my insurance renewed?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrKinky View Post
    Iv printed out the booking details, so I guess I just have to hope I don't get pulled over.

My insurance is up in April and the test isn't till May, Will I have a problem getting my insurance renewed?
    Nope. They'll take your money quite happily, so will the motor tax department. My car's NCT has been out for years and I can still insure and tax it. I just hit the barracks before I go to tax it and get a form signed that says it's been off the road.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Usernamed For This Useful Post:

MrKinky (19-03-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrKinky View Post

Even if you do get pulled over, it won't be a problem. Just show them your booking confirmation.

Insurance companies still pay out if you crash your car and you have no valid NCT so renewing your insurance won't be a problem as well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to reflex For This Useful Post:

MrKinky (19-03-13)

Thanks very much evryone for your help, your making me feel a lot more confident about the whole situation

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Maybe another text centre not far away has dates available?

Quote Originally Posted by Usernamed View Post
    The car probably wasn't in her name. They wouldn't boot you's out and lift the car for no NCT. I'd imagine the rest of the window decorations were missing too? Tax and so on.

Insurance i think, the name and address she give the Gards was very fitting..........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast