Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nct

Quote Originally Posted by truelad View Post
    how much is it for a nct test these days ?
    €55 and whatever it costs to get your car to pass.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Joe View Post
    €55 and whatever it costs to get your car to pass.
    Decided to get my timing belt + water pump changed before the NCT so it cost me a lot more than 55 quid.

But I wouldn't say it was part of the cost for my car to pass. I would have changed it even if the next NCT was 5 years away. Same as tyres, brake pads, etc., for me it's all just standard maintenance cost.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Usernamed View Post
    Nope. They'll take your money quite happily, so will the motor tax department. My car's NCT has been out for years and I can still insure and tax it. I just hit the barracks before I go to tax it and get a form signed that says it's been off the road.
    wont be able to that for much longer. soon you will have to tell them the car is off the road when you take it off the road and if you dont you will have to pay all the back tax.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrKinky View Post
    I have a problem. My NCT is up the end of the month (March) but the nearest date I can get at the test centre is the end of May.

Can I still drive the car if I book the test even though the NCT has expired
    Yep drive away. Once you have an appointment your fine. In all fairness to the gaurds though ,they will just tell you to get it done usually. I tell you another thing. If your nct was up and you waited until next year to do it ,you dont get caught for the year you skipped.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reflex View Post
    Even if you do get pulled over, it won't be a problem. Just show them your booking confirmation.

Insurance companies still pay out if you crash your car and you have no valid NCT so renewing your insurance won't be a problem as well.
    Insurance will always take your money but if you have a smash wont be too quick to pay out.

thats the prob,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jayf1 View Post
    wont be able to that for much longer. soon you will have to tell them the car is off the road when you take it off the road and if you dont you will have to pay all the back tax.
    It's a convertible. June, July & August are the only months it's on the road anyway. In September I'll stroll in and declare it off the road.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234