Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Owen to Retire at the End of the Season

Default Michael Owen to Retire at the End of the Season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21839361

Great career, but it would have been so interestin to see how much he could have done if injuries hadn't taken over

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (20-03-13)

I didn't know he was still playing.......... some player in the day.
    Who loves ya baby......!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I didn't know he was still playing.......... some player in the day.
    I remember his first goal against Wimbeldon. Insane to think he was basically finished at 26

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

Clyde (19-03-13)

Playing the odd time for stoke now is probably just a nuisance for him, needs to concentrate on his horses now.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Quote Originally Posted by PeepingTom View Post
    Playing the odd time for stoke now is probably just a nuisance for him, needs to concentrate on his horses now.
    Exactly.

For me, Owen was never the same since he turned his knee against Sweden in 06. Brilliant striker though, would have been England's best

Reviews

Fine striker in his prime.Ironic though that he left Liverpool to win trophies and the very next season they win the Champions League.While Owen won nothing until he moved to Man U in 2009.Anyway best of luck to him in retirement.
    The Truth is out there.

Was a great player who played too many games too young.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21839361

Great career, but it would have been so interestin to see how much he could have done if injuries hadn't taken over
    Fergie wanted to buy him way back when and basically told Liverpool that they were going to cripple him by playing him too much at a young age,the difference between himself and Giggs is there to be seen,sadly was not looked after.

Quote Originally Posted by very shy guy View Post
    Fergie wanted to buy him way back when and basically told Liverpool that they were going to cripple him by playing him too much at a young age,the difference between himself and Giggs is there to be seen,sadly was not looked after.
    Owen had a naturally weak hamstrings, which would never have been known. Just because Fergie says it was because of being overplayed doesn't make it true

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    I remember his first goal against Wimbeldon. Insane to think he was basically finished at 26
    i was at that match. i'd say he regrets leaving liverpool particularily when you take in to account that they won the champions league in his 1st season withs madrid. he was a player that was very reliant on his pace and once the injuries blunted that he wasn't as affective. but for 4 or 5 years he was outstanding.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast