Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Owen to Retire at the End of the Season

Quote Originally Posted by 2timesin30 View Post
    i was at that match. i'd say he regrets leaving liverpool particularily when you take in to account that they won the champions league in his 1st season withs madrid. he was a player that was very reliant on his pace and once the injuries blunted that he wasn't as affective. but for 4 or 5 years he was outstanding.
    Exactly. That kind of explosive pace makes certain parts of your body weak. It has nothing to do with being overplayed.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    Owen had a naturally weak hamstrings, which would never have been known. Just because Fergie says it was because of being overplayed doesn't make it true
    He said it though Martin,he looked after Giggs,wanted Owen when he was behind Fowler at Liverpool,a great talent.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 2timesin30 View Post
    i was at that match. i'd say he regrets leaving liverpool particularily when you take in to account that they won the champions league in his 1st season withs madrid. he was a player that was very reliant on his pace and once the injuries blunted that he wasn't as affective. but for 4 or 5 years he was outstanding.
    True,the same with Giggs,anyone that fast is prone to hamstring trouble,I would not know,lol,more of the try and get round me sort.

Quote Originally Posted by very shy guy View Post
    He said it though Martin,he looked after Giggs,wanted Owen when he was behind Fowler at Liverpool,a great talent.
    Giggs was a different kind of player. Fergie is just bitter he never got him.

Still, i will never forgive him for running down his contract. he would have gone on a free if Benitez hadn't put him on the spot. And that was the plan.

Piece of human garbage

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    Giggs was a different kind of player. Fergie is just bitter he never got him.

Still, i will never forgive him for running down his contract. he would have gone on a free if Benitez hadn't put him on the spot. And that was the plan.

Piece of human garbage
    The reason Fergie said it was he knew with Giggs,seen it before,plus at that age a player is still growing,shins give massive trouble later in life if over played when young,bones I mean.Whether he was bitter or not,he said it in the players interest Martin.
    Last edited by very shy guy; 19-03-13 at 17:59.

Reviews

Still one of my favourite goals, great player.

Reviews

Michael Owen was q great player. But it was a great bit of business, selling him to real Madrid when they did, just like selling Torres.

Reviews

I remember Owen's debut for England in the 1998 world cup against Argentina!

What a goal! What a talent.

Unfortunately I felt he never quite achieved his full potential as a great player.

"Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    I remember Owen's debut for England in the 1998 world cup against Argentina!

What a goal! What a talent.

Unfortunately I felt he never quite achieved his full potential as a great player.

Sadly injury ruined it for him,what was he when he did his hamstring at Leeds,18 ?.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

He was deadly when he played for Liverpool,a great player,it was a real pity about his injuries.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast