Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: eliane profile in cork

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    land of pigmies
    Posts
    2,549
    Reviews
    66

    Default eliane profile in cork

    hi Pat

    please tell me why eliane is still up as an independent when she clearly works for an agency. (see bers review of mena)

    i also spoke to her in the blarney street hovel were she clearly told me that a receptionist had answered the phone.

    See pat you dont fool me by victimising an established agency as a smoke screen,and letting this girls away scot free.

    Dont u think its about time u told us what your true interests in escorting business in ireland are.

    nbt
    Last edited by ninebythree; 30-04-08 at 04:32.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin Fair City
    Posts
    8,660
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Ber, if Elaine is using fake photos and you can demonstrate that, I'll be pleased to question that, but, as I have already explained there isn't much we can do about the agency vs independent thing currently.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,752
    Reviews
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Ber, if Elaine is using fake photos and you can demonstrate that, I'll be pleased to question that, but, as I have already explained there isn't much we can do about the agency vs independent thing currently.
    Eh, no. Up until now I have been prepared to be on your side about the agency thing Patricia. I understand that you don't have the time/resources to track these guys down yourself. But I think that when you have the amount of overwhelming evidence that you have about this particular Cork agency then something really has to be done.

    This isn't just a small annoyance here, it is a hugely irritating mess which really makes a joke of the independents section on the site.
    I hate being bi-polar, it's brilliant.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    land of pigmies
    Posts
    2,549
    Reviews
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Ber, if Elaine is using fake photos and you can demonstrate that, I'll be pleased to question that, but, as I have already explained there isn't much we can do about the agency vs independent thing currently.

    can u not move her add in to the agency section rather than independent section,if u do it to one maybe the rest might get the message


    nbt

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    364
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Ber, if Elaine is using fake photos and you can demonstrate that, I'll be pleased to question that, but, as I have already explained there isn't much we can do about the agency vs independent thing currently.
    You're completely powerless here alright

    There is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent this happening, the pangs of helplessness must be eating you away Pat.

    Come off the stage.
    Have you written your reviews?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    cork the real capital
    Posts
    5,553
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    83

    Default Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Ber, if Elaine is using fake photos and you can demonstrate that, I'll be pleased to question that, but, as I have already explained there isn't much we can do about the agency vs independent thing currently.
    elaines pictures are genuine and she is very attractive with a stunning body but that is not theissue here its the fact that she is with an agency as verefied by myself and ninebythree so its as simple as this do you not believe us.I think we both contribute here alot so and both in an honest fashion so this is your chance toget off the fence.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin Fair City
    Posts
    8,660
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by punterminator View Post
    Eh, no. Up until now I have been prepared to be on your side about the agency thing Patricia. I understand that you don't have the time/resources to track these guys down yourself. But I think that when you have the amount of overwhelming evidence that you have about this particular Cork agency then something really has to be done.

    This isn't just a small annoyance here, it is a hugely irritating mess which really makes a joke of the independents section on the site.
    These are the issues from our point of view:

    (a) Our advertising manager (who has several years experience of dealing with escorts in Ireland) and her team is convinced that agencies that advertise as independents are not going to stop doing that, no matter what we do, so long as the situation in Ireland is that 'clients prefer independents'. They are honestly telling me it doesn't matter what I do, e.g. take ads down, penalise people for advertising falsely etc, nothing is going to change, independents that get taken down for being agency in our opinion would just change their name/photos/number and come back as independents again. In all my years running E-I, I have never had my advertising team tell me an idea is so completely unfeasable and so I have to take their opinion here seriously.

    (b) I think you guys also underestimate just how hard it is to genuinely see who is independent and who is agency. The private escorts forum is regularly home to ads from highly regarded independent ladies looking for a lady to share a flat with, or reception services etc... Are we to deem 80% of the ladies advertised on E-I agencies, which is about the number I would guestimate could be if we considered using a receptionist or flat-sharing grounds for being an agency, or is it just the ones clients think are agencies we should act against? I'm not going to start listing names of well known independents that I know do flat shares sometimes or use receptionist services sometimes here, because that wouldn't be fair on those individual ladies, but I know if I did you guys would start saying "Oh yes well obviously she is an indepenent, that's clear because she's always on these message boards talking for herself..... but this other lady who uses a receptionist isn't....." and rules can't be unfairly applied like that. If we were going to have a rule on E-I, it would have to be applied to everyone, not just a few.

    (c) I've come to see trying to decide who is agency and who is independent as beyond our remit. We are an escort directory. If we tried to start deciding who is independent and who is agency we would have to start getting seriously more involved with our advertisers than we are currently and, very importantly, legally, that would be suicide for this site according to our lawyers, and I'm not going to risk getting this whole site shut down over this one issue, which I can see is an annoyance to clients, but is it worth risking the whole of E-I over it?

    (d) We have reviews and message boards where clients can say they feel an independent is an agency if they want to. Eliane hasn't a single review from a client saying they think she is an agency, but that's because no client has written one, which is not down to us. We have given clients the tools to make this site better for everyone by sharing info. It can't keep coming back to it being our problem to warn everyone of everything because we can't legally get so involved with our advertisers to know so much about them. We are working hard every day to try to make this site better, e.g. yesterday we added a site-wide search, in ways we can without getting on the wrong side of the law.

    Pat x

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,646

    Default Whats the problem?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    These are the issues from our point of view:

    (a) Our advertising manager (who has several years experience of dealing with escorts in Ireland) and her team is convinced that agencies that advertise as independents are not going to stop doing that, no matter what we do, so long as the situation in Ireland is that 'clients prefer independents'. They are honestly telling me it doesn't matter what I do, e.g. take ads down, penalise people for advertising falsely etc, nothing is going to change, independents that get taken down for being agency in our opinion would just change their name/photos/number and come back as independents again. In all my years running E-I, I have never had my advertising team tell me an idea is so completely unfeasable and so I have to take their opinion here seriously.

    (b) I think you guys also underestimate just how hard it is to genuinely see who is independent and who is agency. The private escorts forum is regularly home to ads from highly regarded independent ladies looking for a lady to share a flat with, or reception services etc... Are we to deem 80% of the ladies advertised on E-I agencies, which is about the number I would guestimate could be if we considered using a receptionist or flat-sharing grounds for being an agency, or is it just the ones clients think are agencies we should act against? I'm not going to start listing names of well known independents that I know do flat shares sometimes or use receptionist services sometimes here, because that wouldn't be fair on those individual ladies, but I know if I did you guys would start saying "Oh yes well obviously she is an indepenent, that's clear because she's always on these message boards talking for herself..... but this other lady who uses a receptionist isn't....." and rules can't be unfairly applied like that. If we were going to have a rule on E-I, it would have to be applied to everyone, not just a few.

    (c) I've come to see trying to decide who is agency and who is independent as beyond our remit. We are an escort directory. If we tried to start deciding who is independent and who is agency we would have to start getting seriously more involved with our advertisers than we are currently and, very importantly, legally, that would be suicide for this site according to our lawyers, and I'm not going to risk getting this whole site shut down over this one issue, which I can see is an annoyance to clients, but is it worth risking the whole of E-I over it?

    (d) We have reviews and message boards where clients can say they feel an independent is an agency if they want to. Eliane hasn't a single review from a client saying they think she is an agency, but that's because no client has written one, which is not down to us. We have given clients the tools to make this site better for everyone by sharing info. It can't keep coming back to it being our problem to warn everyone of everything because we can't legally get so involved with our advertisers to know so much about them. We are working hard every day to try to make this site better, e.g. yesterday we added a site-wide search, in ways we can without getting on the wrong side of the law.

    Pat x
    i really dont get it?It boils down to one simple thing.....................having a good time.Once this is acheived then who cares whether its an agency or not???

    If a person were to buy a basic commodity would they really give a shit if they purchased in from a independant supplier or a chain supplier?I wouldnt think so.

    I think people are overthinking this agency / indept thing.The choice to turn and walk away is always there.

    Westside.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,752
    Reviews
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    If a person were to buy a basic commodity would they really give a shit if they purchased in from a independant supplier or a chain supplier?
    That's not the point at all. The point is, you see a nice looking girl on the site advertising as in independent. Her services are what you are looking for so you give her a call. You confirm on the phone the price and that the services are available. Then you turn up and find that the person at the door is neither the person you spoke to on the phone or the person who's pictures you saw and the services/costs are nothing like what you confirmed on the phone. Anyone who doesn't see this as a problem needs there head examined.


    Yes, of course you can walk away, but you have already expended a large amount of time and effort.
    I hate being bi-polar, it's brilliant.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin Fair City
    Posts
    8,660
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by punterminator View Post
    That's not the point at all. The point is, you see a nice looking girl on the site advertising as in independent. Her services are what you are looking for so you give her a call. You confirm on the phone the price and that the services are available. Then you turn up and find that the person at the door is neither the person you spoke to on the phone or the person who's pictures you saw and the services/costs are nothing like what you confirmed on the phone. Anyone who doesn't see this as a problem needs there head examined...
    That's a bad service problem more than an Agency vs Independent problem though isn't it? I mean a good independent wouldn't do that to you and a good agency wouldn't do that to you.

    Only bad independents / agencies would do this to a client.

    And it is not just agencies that do this.

    In the past we've switched photos of independents to un-verified serveral times, because although their photos are real and they've confirmed this to us, we've later found, if a client calls and they are busy but a friend isn't, they send the client to their friend, without mentioning she is a different lady, therefore making it that the client does not get the lady pictured.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •