Thread: FAO: Admin, right click on profiles

Reviews

Default FAO: Admin, right click on profiles

Hi admin people..

When was the right click on the profiles disabled? This is handy when a new girl arrives as I can select the phone number, right click on it and google it to see if they are genuine or not, very handy as it saves a couple of steps...

I understand that you are probably trying to save the ladies' pictures from being saved, but let's face it, a trained chimpanzee could save it if they wanted to, even with the right click disabled, so at least 60% of people on this board should be able to figure it out.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by punterminator View Post
    Hi admin people..

When was the right click on the profiles disabled? This is handy when a new girl arrives as I can select the phone number, right click on it and google it to see if they are genuine or not, very handy as it saves a couple of steps...

maybe you answered your own question..................stop googling nos to check if there agencies or not

nbt

Blog Entries

Sorry, the ladies don't want their pics right-clickable!

If you want to copy the phone number, highlight it, then Ctrl C.

Then to paste it Ctrl P.

Pat x

Default Heya Sweetie.........

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post

Then to paste it Ctrl P.

Pat x
    ctrl C and ctrl V???Hey your learning Sweetie.

Well done Pat.
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post

Then to paste it Ctrl P.

Pat x
    Thanks Pat, I am well aware of how to copy & paste the phone numbers - you it would appear are not. CTRL-P will print your page, CTRL-V will paste

Facetiousness aside, as I mentioned it is a convenience to be able to do it without having to resort to copy & paste and, as I'm sure you are aware, there is absolutely no tangible benefit to disabling right clicking as the photos are still perfectly accessible, for a case in point see the end of this email.
    How about for a compromise just disabling right clicking on the actual images rather than the entire page? Then everyone's happy.

I also hate to bring this up but perhaps if you were more vigilant in controlling the number of agencies that blatantly get to advertise as independents on this site this would not be an issue but that is another thread.

I use this image because the lady in question already uses it in her profile so I'm sure she wouldn't have a problem with it being posted.
    Last edited by punterminator; 25-04-08 at 21:23.
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

Blog Entries

Thanks Pat, I am well aware of how to copy & paste the phone numbers - you it would appear are not. CTRL-P will print your page, CTRL-V will paste
    Right you are... It is Ctrl V to paste... Mistake on my part

Facetiousness aside, as I mentioned it is a convenience to be able to do it without having to resort to copy & paste
    Myself I don't find it any more hassle to use Ctrl C/V instead of right click

..as I'm sure you are aware, there is absolutely no tangible benefit to disabling right clicking as the photos are still perfectly accessible, for a case in point see the end of this email.
    Would have to totally disagree with this. Yes of course disabling right click doesn't stop a determined user from saving the photos but it actually does stop an awful lot of people... You may think getting around 'no right click' is computing basics, but you'd be amazed how many people haven't a clue how to do it.

Anyway, the ladies do not want their photos to be right-clickable. I'm 100% sure about that. We actually had to recently put in another little trick to prevent most people being able to print the profiles off, as ladies don't want their photos printed either.

How about for a compromise just disabling right clicking on the actual images rather than the entire page? Then everyone's happy.
    And how would you do that? And don't say by putting photos in an IFRAME/FRAME/FLASH/APPLET etc as the search engines don't like those things and it is also importnant to ladies that this site does well in the search engines of course. If there is a way, I'd consider it, but I'm not web genuius enough to think of a way myself!

Reviews

Hi Patricia

I'm not going to get into an argument with you about this because I have way too much respect for you, this site and the way you do things.

I will PM you in the morning and show you a way around this that won't compromise search engine bots (however I would like to make the point that the ladies demanding disabling right clicking and demanding optimum search engine profiling is kind of an oxymoron).
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

Default Lady is right.....................

Facetiousness aside, as I mentioned it is a convenience to be able to do it without having to resort to copy & paste and, as I'm sure you are aware, there is absolutely no tangible benefit to disabling right clicking as the photos are still perfectly accessible, for a case in point see the end of this email.

I also hate to bring this up but perhaps if you were more vigilant in controlling the number of agencies that blatantly get to advertise as independents on this site this would not be an issue but that is another thread.

I use this image because the lady in question already uses it in her profile so I'm sure she wouldn't have a problem with it being posted.
    Oh deary me.High cheek bones,smooth lips,small nose, small petite sharp chin ,peircing dark eyes all topped off with long beautiful radiant hair.

Oh dear,
    Westside.