Thread: Anyone ever get fleeced in Soho?

Blog Entries

Exclamation Anyone ever get fleeced in Soho?

As you can see from the wikipaedia definition it's not so much a question of using one as being used by one. Personally I'd be shit scared of visiting any establishment in Soho in case it was one of these.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clip_joint
    "She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night."

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrsbrown View Post
    As you can see from the wikipaedia definition it's not so much a question of using one as being used by one. Personally I'd be shit scared of visiting any establishment in Soho in case it was one of these.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clip_joint
    Not much danger of mixing them up with a regular club as they are very seedy and rundown and usually down into abasement with no real signs there will be girls at the door and they try to pick out men on their own who are passing and get them to go in.Very small cover charge i think this has something to do with the
    legal side as it makes u a member and they are working on a club members licence
    I was there with 4 buddies and this is acouple of years ago there was after being an article in the sunday world warning about it.
    we decided to check it out so we decided to go in seperately one of the guys got a drink so when we were all in after about 10 mins my friend went to settle up
    they were looking for 250 and +vat .he objected and this east european bouncer got really agressive my friend said he would phone the police and he said mobiles were banned. so we all interviened and said we were leaving but to follow us and we would go to a police station and sort it out he threatened uis with everthing but he seemed to be alone and we just walked out and he didnt follow us .
    I wouldnt reccomend what we did because my friends were rather large and a rather crazy bunch on ure own i reckon u would be in deep s**t
    ps The biggest problem in soho the seedy part are pickpockets they are everywhere.

Default soho is a joke

I have been to Soho a few times and i have been ripped off every time. For anyone who reads this i'm telling you stay away from Soho. I don't know why it's so popular, it's a robbing kip and it's a dump. I will never get ripped off there again because i won't be spending another cent there. Don't just think it's the Whores there it's the strip clubs more than anything..........

Quote Originally Posted by riconn View Post
    I have been to Soho a few times and i have been ripped off every time. For anyone who reads this i'm telling you stay away from Soho. I don't know why it's so popular, it's a robbing kip and it's a dump. I will never get ripped off there again because i won't be spending another cent there. Don't just think it's the Whores there it's the strip clubs more than anything..........
    The reason people go there are there are "walk ups" where you will get full service for £20 - £40. There are only about three places that will rip you off, the rest are all fine. Have a look on punternet.com for all the info.

Default They would'nt get away with that in Dublin.

They would'nt get away with that in Dublin.