Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: off to pattaya for 2 weeks is 2k enough spending money

1. Default off to pattaya for 2 weeks is 2k enough spending money

the hotel is already paid for, do you think 2k is enough to have a good time

Enjoy
    In fact for that kind of enjoyment €500 would be more than enough and that is for 24 hour service for 7 days

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
    2k that would do ya for 2 mnts over ther can get a girl for allnight for 1000TB = £20 ..... let me know if its really 2p for a tin of redbull,,, thats what i heard lol

Enjoy ya Lucky F##Er

Quote Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
    Mr Pink - 2K (euro!) is more than enough

You have probably heard all this before but:

1. You have to see Walking St (it has to be seen) but don't punt there

2. Get out of the of the 'tourist trap' - Soi Diana/Soi Bukado and Soi 6 were my favourites

3. Watch out on Beach Rd (especially late at nite)

4. If you need a rest, try Jomtien (relatively laid-back)

5. Take the baht-bus everywhere (10 Baht a go) - if you have to take a taxi, make sure it is metered

6. Learn a bit of Thai (especially numbers!) - it will pay dividends

7. For refuge, there is even a few Irish pubs (two good ones on Soi Metro - off Soi Diana)

8. Watch your wallet - go out with what you need for the nite in your pocket

9. No aggro - if a Thai gives you git then walk away

10. The women are beautiful - as usual, treat them with respect and they will give you a wonderful time

11. Check out the Ladyboys - amazing! - their English is (on average) most better then the other Thai girls

12. Do not say anything negative about the King or royalty (not easy for us!)

13. You will get hard luck stories - there are mostly rubbish but remember that most of the girls are from poor farming backgrounds - think Ireland in the 1960s/1970s - their families are even more important to them than even us

14. I'll bet you have a ball but remember (especially first time) you are on a holiday!

Be sure to come back and tell us how you got on.

Yours in envy

LBloom
    Last edited by LBloom; 08-09-11 at 19:11.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LBloom For This Useful Post:

anon361 (20-06-12), mature abby (08-09-11)

Mr Pink,

One thing I forgot to mention, get a Thai sim card as soon as you get there (very cheap and you will get one in any 7-11). This is essential but you will need to get your mobile unblocked before you go. You can buy an inexpensive mobile there but better to have your own to keep all those numbers who will be ringing you when you get home

Cheers

LBloom
    Last edited by LBloom; 08-09-11 at 19:32.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LBloom View Post
    Mr Pink - 2K (euro!) is more than enough

You have probably heard all this before but:

1. You have to see Walking St (it has to be seen) but don't punt there

2. Get out of the of the 'tourist trap' - Soi Diana/Soi Bukado and Soi 6 were my favourites

3. Watch out on Beach Rd (especially late at nite)

4. If you need a rest, try Jomtien (relatively laid-back)

5. Take the baht-bus everywhere (10 Baht a go) - if you have to take a taxi, make sure it is metered

6. Learn a bit of Thai (especially numbers!) - it will pay dividends

7. For refuge, there is even a few Irish pubs (two good ones on Soi Metro - off Soi Diana)

8. Watch your wallet - go out with what you need for the nite in your pocket

9. No aggro - if a Thai gives you git then walk away

10. The women are beautiful - as usual, treat them with respect and they will give you a wonderful time

11. Check out the Ladyboys - amazing! - their English is (on average) most better then the other Thai girls

12. Do not say anything negative about the King or royalty (not easy for us!)

13. You will get hard luck stories - there are mostly rubbish but remember that most of the girls are from poor farming backgrounds - think Ireland in the 1960s/1970s - their families are even more important to them than even us

14. I'll bet you have a ball but remember (especially first time) you are on a holiday!

Be sure to come back and tell us how you got on.

Yours in envy

LBloom
    15 try an see a bit more of Thailand not just Pattaya
    16 get a massage on the beach
    17 drink plenty of water < bottled >
    18 cut every price quoted at least in half

19 SMILE it goes a long way THAILAND the land of smiles I love it
    Last edited by mature abby; 08-09-11 at 20:41.

Quote Originally Posted by mature abby View Post
    15 try an see a bit more of Thailand not just Pattaya
    16 get a massage on the beach
    17 drink plenty of water < bottled >
    18 cut every price quoted at least in half

19 SMILE it goes a long way THAILAND the land of smiles I love it
    I agree with everything Abby has said (especially the massage on the beach or, indeed, massage anywhere) and ...

20. If you are invited, go to an Issan 'ceileidh' - has to be seen to be believed

I'm off to Thailand in a few weeks myself to see the farm and check the house up north but before i go there i'll be in pattaya too - just another couple of points - 1000baht is about €25 now as the euro is shit at the moment - convert your euro's over there but not at the bureau de change on the streets as they're as bad as the banks!!

if you go up walking street, towards the harbour, there's a money exchange on the left hand side after the BIG HOLY tree - its just up from the HOT TUNA BAR which would be on your left if you walk up - the place is called YJ Pattaya Exchange - 112 walking st or they're also on the 2nd floor of Tops Centre - its a shopping centre off beach road and before soi 7.

they will give you a better exchange rate than any bank - its even better than here!!

just convert your money as you need too and don't walk out of the shop counting your baht - make sure its in your wallet and its in your FRONT pocket - don't put anything in your back pocket!

i'll be back later and give you a few more hints!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LBloom View Post
    I agree with everything Abby has said (especially the massage on the beach or, indeed, massage anywhere) and ...

20. If you are invited, go to an Issan 'ceileidh' - has to be seen to be believed
    whats an issan ceileidh ? intrigued xx

another tip - on landing in bangkok airport avoid all the hard sell "taxi sir" in the arrivals hall - go outside and get the proper taxi's - they'll tell you how much it costs to pattaya and the driver's number is recorded so if he rips you off or brings you somewhere else, he can be traced!
    expect to pay approx 800 - 1000baht or if you contact your hotel they will organise a taxi or mini bus to collect you and bring you straight to the hotel - it'll cost 1000baht but the driver will be waiting for you in the arrivals hall with your name on a sign.

also, don't bring in too many cigs or alcohol - the limit is 200 cigs and 1 litre of spirits - its generally ok but sometimes they go on a checking spree in the airport and they also can stop you even when you're on the other side of the airport - i once got stopped as i was walking out to a taxi - the cop was looking for whiskey which i didn't have but had he found some he would have taken it!

try and visit as many areas as you can - this is going to be hard if you hook up with a bar girl as she will try to get you to go to her bar as she gets paid a commission for getting you there and also gets paid for any lady drink you buy her.

when i first went to pattaya i spent my time between soi 7 and 8 - there are tons of bars around this area and its also the cheapest for beers - approx 50 - 80 baht for heineken/singa etc - most bars have happy hours during the day - they'll be advertised outside each bar and you will notice the local "farangs" (thats what all foreigners are called by thai people) will bar hop when the happy hour prices are over!

DO NOT pick up any girl or ladyboy in or around Pattaya Beach - a lot are HIV+ and the LB's generally mug you - look at Pattaya People's News on TV in your hotel room - the news crew travel with the cops and they show you what happens to tourists who fail to abide by the law or fall foul to muggers etc.
    If you go to walking street at night go to the tourist police desk at the start of the street and say hello - they're mainly made up of english speaking volunteers from around the world who have settled in pattaya and work with the thai police. If you get into a jam - go to them FIRST - do not speak to the thai police as most are on the take and if you hire a motor bike make sure to wear your helmet - EVEN if all around aren't - they love stopping farangs and fining them - you will have 2 choices - pay them on the spot - which they put in their pocket or have the bike lifted and go to the police station and pay your fine there but you'll be there for a few hours while they do the paperwork!

DO NOT HIRE A CAR!!!

DO NOT HIRE ANY SKI JETS WITHOUT EXAMINING THE WHOLE SKI JET - YOU WILL END UP PAYING A LOT MORE FOR DAMAGE ALREADY DONE!!!

in fairness, i've been going to pattaya and thailand for 6 years and have yet to see a mugging or any serious incident involving the cops - just don't insult the thai's - don't touch them on the head or pat them on the head - this is a BIG no no!

always smile and you'll get a even bigger one back - try to talk to them even if they can't speak english - it'll be funny as they get easily embarrassed too!! just be respectful and you'll have a great time!

usual hygiene tips though - don't drink the water in the rooms or from ANY tap - make sure bottled water always inc brushing of teeth!

watch out if you bring someone back - they MUST give the night man at your hotel their ID card and he won't give it back unless you say everything is ok the next day!
    make sure your room has a safe in it and don't leave any money lying about - if you bring someone back to your room put your money/valuables into the safe - don't leave temptation on the desk!
    some hotels have a joiners fee - these are mainly the 4/5 star hotels so check first as you could end up with a BIG checkout bill - and don't use the mini bar either - its a ripoff - go to the nearest 7 eleven and stock up your fridge or mini bar - i normally take out all the beers and put my own in and then put them back in when i leave!

Get your sim card and get the assistant in the shop to put it in and get the credit on it as most are in thai - don't forget to tip her if she does all this for you!
    also on tipping - make sure you have plenty of 20baht notes - 20baht is enough for most tips - from the guy who picks up your bag at the hotel and brings it to your room to tipping after a meal unless your in an exclusive restaurant, then 100/200 baht might be in order!
    the baht buses go round in a circle - the drive along beach road upto walking street and then turn onto second road and drive down to soi 1 and turn onto beach road again - if you hire one exclusively then make a deal with the driver first or else he'll over charge you!

if you've any questions let me know - otherwise enjoy yourself - i remember the first time i went - i didn't want to come back to ireland!!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gooner For This Useful Post:

Bogman32 (23-09-11), mature abby (10-09-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast