Thread: 30 min bookings - really?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 30 min bookings - really?

Why do guys book 30 mins?
    I was in London on tour and I had a guy book me for 30mins. My friend in the mean time had an hour booking. My client came before hers and left after hers.... yet she earned 1 hour and I earned 30mins. Guess which one of us is behind on our mortgage? My guy now wants to take me out to dinner next time I'm in London and thinks he is in love. Mmmm.

Another guy on the London tour also booked me for 30mins. He said he'd been waiting for me to return to London since November - and he only booked 30mins and stayed for 1 hour. He then wanted a freebie overnighter when I had finished with my clients for the day.

How can I tactfully get ask someone to leave after 30mins, and not seem to be rushing them out? Presumably they only booked 30mins because that was all the time/money they could spare.

Would clients suddenly start saying I'm a clock watcher, if I make them aware it is time to leave when the 30mins are over? I'd hate to become a clock watcher, but I think it is the only way to go now.
    It obviously impacted negatively on my business and my friend is worried that over time people will see me as better value than her. It seems to be a no win situation.

Any advice from a client's perspective would be great. Any girls with advice - please help!
    Thanks - Ann x

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sassy Ann For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (03-08-11), Rodney69 (03-08-11), ryder (02-08-11)