Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F1 on BBC

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
    Yes,thats true about the 'extra attention' they give to british participation, but they always have the best coverage and no interruptions. I think most sports will be payperview soon. Will the GAA head that way I wonder.
    I think eventually yes. Look at the dedication thats needed to play at the top and hold down a job. At some time it will turn fully professional and it will go down the road of rugby etc
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    I think eventually yes. Look at the dedication thats needed to play at the top and hold down a job. At some time it will turn fully professional and it will go down the road of rugby etc
    How are they going to generate the money to turn pro? That's the main question, they won't even let the boys train during the winter months,so wonder how it will pan out?

Reviews

Can't really see the gaa going pro. Much as I enjoy the gaa I think it's a big fish in a small pond scenario.
    On the other hand the players well deserve payment for the effort and commitment they put in and if the soccer teams (north or south) can pay wages, then why not the gaa?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
    The F1 live broadcast is being cut to only 10 live races and the rest is just the extended telecast and highlights , on the BBC. Is it any point to see it. Damn, everyone will want to get Sky Sports now.

I think that's the point SR-71. The cynic in me says it's all a comercial ploy to get us all to pay for Sky Sports. What's in it for BBC I can't tell? Unless they're giving up their coverage due to funding cut backs?
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Blog Entries
    Reviews

It could be to do with the olympic games and the amount of funding that, that could eat up, but I feel now that sky has got it's claws into F1 they'll take over the show

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    I think that's the point SR-71. The cynic in me says it's all a comercial ploy to get us all to pay for Sky Sports. What's in it for BBC I can't tell? Unless they're giving up their coverage due to funding cut backs?
    Jordan wouldn't elaborate as much but it is a spending cut.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123