Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F1 on BBC

Quote Originally Posted by theqm View Post
    As a big F1 fan, I reckon the BBC's current coverage of the sport will be damn hard to beat by Sky. The TV and Radio 5 Live commentators and reporters are the best around covering the sport.
    Damn shame to see half the races lost to Sky. Basically comes down to more money for Bernie Ecclestone from Sky, after him saying a while ago it was important to keep F1 on free to air TV channels
    Not honestly sure yet if I'll get Sky Sports added to the package I already have. Just have to see how much it'll be.
    The clowns in Sky might buy the some of the BBC team out. It's mainly I think due to the fact that the commercial rights for telecast has increased and since next year is London 2012, maybe more resources are needed there rather than F1?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
    The clowns in Sky might buy the some of the BBC team out. It's mainly I think due to the fact that the commercial rights for telecast has increased and since next year is London 2012, maybe more resources are needed there rather than F1?
    I think you could be right there SR71. After all, Martin Brundle & Ted Kravitz joined the BBC from ITV when they lost the contract. I think I read yesterday that Brundle is out of contract with BBC at the end of this season. He'll likely end up at Sky, probably with Coulthard & Eddie Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by theqm View Post
    I think you could be right there SR71. After all, Martin Brundle & Ted Kravitz joined the BBC from ITV when they lost the contract. I think I read yesterday that Brundle is out of contract with BBC at the end of this season. He'll likely end up at Sky, probably with Coulthard & Eddie Jordan.
    That's their bread and butter and I think it will make viewing on Sky sports more pleasant. They should take up any offer given to them and Sky would be stupid not to! And whatever they do it, it would be worth watching. Jesus, have to think if I need to get a Sky package.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

If they all join Sky, who will be on the bbc? if they lose eddie and coulthard i'll be devastated

Reviews

When the BBC lost formula 1 to ITV, I switched to watch it on RTE and then Setanta. I was glad it went back to the BBC. They cover it so well, and no ads to interrupt. My guess as QM said, is that the likes of Brundle and and EJ will go to Sky too.

But it's a sad day for F1 that this has happened. Boxing lost it's popularity when it moved to PPV channels. I hope F1 doesn't suffer as a result.
    Last edited by Rodney69; 31-07-11 at 18:48.
    Thank you all the ladies I had pleasure of meeting. Forever grateful for the memories

Reviews

Watching F1 won't be the same without Jake Humphrey, Eddie Jordan and the rest of the gang. Lee McKenzie... Mmmm. Unless Sky bring them over.
    Last edited by ladiesman217; 31-07-11 at 20:19.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Watching F1 won't be the same without Jake Humphrey, Eddie Jordan and the rest of the gang. Lee McKenzie... Mmmm. Unless Sky bring them over.
    Lee Mckenzie, a very attractive lady indeed and also bloody good at getting answers from F1 drivers

Last edited by theqm; 31-07-11 at 20:32.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to theqm For This Useful Post:

Rodney69 (31-07-11)

Reviews

and a lovely sexy accent she has too.
    Thank you all the ladies I had pleasure of meeting. Forever grateful for the memories

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I was delighted when it moved from ITV to the BBC, far better coverage and no ads cutting into it.Theres no doubt that the BBC do sports coverage really well, except for some over the top hype regards British participation. Unfortunately, its just another shift towards having to pay to watch sporting events.
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    I was delighted when it moved from ITV to the BBC, far better coverage and no ads cutting into it.Theres no doubt that the BBC do sports coverage really well, except for some over the top hype regards British participation. Unfortunately, its just another shift towards having to pay to watch sporting events.
    Yes,thats true about the 'extra attention' they give to british participation, but they always have the best coverage and no interruptions. I think most sports will be payperview soon. Will the GAA head that way I wonder.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast