Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F1 on BBC

Angry F1 on BBC

The F1 live broadcast is being cut to only 10 live races and the rest is just the extended telecast and highlights , on the BBC. Is it any point to see it. Damn, everyone will want to get Sky Sports now.

Reviews

I'm kind of glad that sky sports will now show all the races.
    Their coverage of sport is so much better than the beeb.

Quote Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
    You're joking me! Can't beat the BBC for sports coverage, their team of commentators are the best around.

Reviews

Maybe I have got used to watching nearly all my sport on Sky.
    Take the beeb's open coverage. On many's an occasion the commentators hadn't a clue where the ball ended up.
    Just think Sky is better but you do pay for it. My package £54 per month

Reviews

Whatever sky do with their f1 coverage it will be very hard to improve it over the current format of the bbc.I honestly don't see the point of them continuing the coverage if they are going to only show half a season...it is a bad day for sports fans free to air sports coverage will soon become a distant memory and we will all have to pay the exrtortionate fees that sky hand out to get our sporting fix....
    I have lived a life of regrets.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aml For This Useful Post:

comicbookguy (31-07-11), SR71 (31-07-11)

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    Whatever sky do with their f1 coverage it will be very hard to improve it over the current format of the bbc.I honestly don't see the point of them continuing the coverage if they are going to only show half a season...it is a bad day for sports fans free to air sports coverage will soon become a distant memory and we will all have to pay the exrtortionate fees that sky hand out to get our sporting fix....
    That's correct aml, no point showing half of the coverage and can't beat their format, it can't be beaten. The days of free to air sports are coming to an end anyway. All sporting associations want to make money, so they have to make it from some where!
    Last edited by SR71; 31-07-11 at 13:22.

Reviews

This is a joke right? OK, the BBC can be a bit 'jingoistic" when it comes to British athletes but their coverage (of all events bar one - I'll get to it in a minute) is far more professional than anything on Sky. It's got to the stage that if I'm watching a rugby match on Sky I 'll try to find radio commentary to listen to. The one exception is the BBC's MotoGP coverage which is utterly pathetic - thank God for Eurosport!

One further point - when you think of the size of RTE relative to the BBC or Sky, their Rugby and Soccer coverage compares very favourably. I know if a Rugby match was shown on all three platforms I'd choose RTE every time (even though George Hook is a moron ...).
    Last edited by hd7055; 31-07-11 at 14:12. Reason: Kudos to RTE!

Reviews

I agree that the BBC only showing some of the races will be a bit of a nonsense.
    It will be interesting to compare coverage next year.
    The Masters switched this year to Sky and was much better.
    More of the tournament was covered and analysis by Butch Herman and Colin Montgomerie was excellent.

I agree that Rugby coverage not as good on Sky.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to harry10 For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (31-07-11)

Reviews

As a big F1 fan, I reckon the BBC's current coverage of the sport will be damn hard to beat by Sky. The TV and Radio 5 Live commentators and reporters are the best around covering the sport.
    Damn shame to see half the races lost to Sky. Basically comes down to more money for Bernie Ecclestone from Sky, after him saying a while ago it was important to keep F1 on free to air TV channels
    Not honestly sure yet if I'll get Sky Sports added to the package I already have. Just have to see how much it'll be.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

BBC's coverage is bar none the best, The commentator's alone. The "bbc team" have great relationships with the drivers and teams. Eddie Jordan knows loads of people and I think that helps get access same with david coulthard. Another example is the f1 forum I think some drivers actually go out of the way to see the gang, seb vettle comes to mind.
    Last edited by Dub Lad; 31-07-11 at 16:32.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast