Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Reviews

Default Politics

Forgive me perhaps being controversial, but I find it strange that on a site dedicated to the wonderful attributes and pleasures of mutual consential company that politics and sport seep into the various threads.

There are those, who like me, tend to let their fingers go and let fly, sometimes very unwisely, there are others who are constrained and maintain a certain dignity, using their willpower to rise above taunts. I admire these people and I am in the process of trying to model myself on them. True freedom is understanding that the only person we can control is ourselves, and allowing others to have their viewpoint.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (31-07-11), Stephanie (31-07-11), warmcome (31-07-11), wolfie (31-07-11)

Reviews

And I believe I know exactly the lady you are refering to mate

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfie For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (31-07-11)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Forgive me perhaps being controversial, but I find it strange that on a site dedicated to the wonderful attributes and pleasures of mutual consential company that politics and sport seep into the various threads.

There are those, who like me, tend to let their fingers go and let fly, sometimes very unwisely, there are others who are constrained and maintain a certain dignity, using their willpower to rise above taunts. I admire these people and I am in the process of trying to model myself on them. True freedom is understanding that the only person we can control is ourselves, and allowing others to have their viewpoint.

To see what has happened to America, and to know how and why it came about forbides me the luxury of sitting quitely, and not speaking my mind, especially having watched the demise of Ireland while the Irish went about speaking in cliches, and vacationing in Spain-NOT ON MY WATCH;I'm speaking up for mine

If you need more butter,Mer would have extra stock,lol.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Eh, No !! Not around here anyway Doodlebug. I started a thread yesterday on Freedom of Speech and Expression and it was quickly deleted and I got infracted for it. Apparently, such sentiments are seen ' as provoking others to cause trouble ' ! There you go.
    Last edited by ksteve; 31-07-11 at 10:56.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ksteve For This Useful Post:

Ebony Amber (31-07-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    To see what has happened to America, and to know how and why it came about forbides me the luxury of sitting quitely, and not speaking my mind, especially having watched the demise of Ireland while the Irish went about speaking in cliches, and vacationing in Spain-NOT ON MY WATCH;I'm speaking up for mine
    Anita, I am not asking you to remain quiet, I have engaged with you on other threads and I very much value your viewpoint as I am watching from over here so to speak. This thread is merely an observation of how politics permeates everything we do, particularly in this country. I am highly politiicised and believe we all should be, I value people who speak their minds and aren't afraid to post their political viewpoints regardless of where. However I do admire others ability to rise above what can become visceral arguments, and for my own stress levels I am trying to emulate them. As you know Anita we probably share a broad political outlook.

x

there are others who are constrained and maintain a certain dignity, using their willpower to rise above taunts. I admire these people and I am in the process of trying to model myself on them.
    Thank you Doodles.. it certainly can be challenging at times..
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ksteve View Post
    Eh, No !! Not around here anyway Doodlebug. I started a thread yesterday on Freedom of Speech and Expression and it was quickly deleted and I got infracted for it. Apparently, such sentiments are seen ' as provoking others to cause trouble ' ! There you go.
    Really, what did you say? Ah, doh, you cannot say what you said.. xx

Now I feel like I am becoming part of the community.. I just had my first incident of a thread of mine deleted-- within a minute..

But, after exchanging PMs with the Mod on duty, and getting very helpful guidance and input from said person, I took another

stab at it, and I think it's still up.. I am still a newbie, am still learning the parameters of appropriate posting.. After all I can be So

inflammatory at times...
    Last edited by Stephanie; 31-07-11 at 11:07.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Really, what did you say? Ah, doh, you cannot say what you said.. xx

Now I feel like I am becoming part of the community.. I just had my first incident of a thread of mine deleted-- within a minute..

But, after exchanging PMs with the Mod on duty, and getting very helpful guidance and input from said person, I took another

stab at it, and I think it's still up.. I am still a newbie, am still learning the parameters of appropriate posting.. After all I can be So

inflammatory at times...
    Funny, so did I --- but my guidance was in the form of a jackboot up the arse !!

Quote Originally Posted by ksteve View Post
    Funny, so did I --- but my guidance was in the form of a jackboot up the arse !!
    Maybe you should be nicer lol sweet as honey and accept the authority of said person over you and your opinion

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast