Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Politics

Reviews

Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to air it. It's how you deliver that opinion that at times can become a problem. Like doodle said the self restraint and articulate nature of one particular poster here impresses me so much also

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfie For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (31-07-11)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Anita, I am not asking you to remain quiet, I have engaged with you on other threads and I very much value your viewpoint as I am watching from over here so to speak. This thread is merely an observation of how politics permeates everything we do, particularly in this country. I am highly politiicised and believe we all should be, I value people who speak their minds and aren't afraid to post their political viewpoints regardless of where. However I do admire others ability to rise above what can become visceral arguments, and for my own stress levels I am trying to emulate them. As you know Anita we probably share a broad political outlook.

x
    I'd probably rise above it too if I was one who voted for the people who led my country into two wars, a 7 billion prescripton drug plan, and tax cuts for the rich with paying for any of it, but now feel the need to engage in financial terorism because I've decided it's time to be a spendthrift

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Anita, I am not asking you to remain quiet, I have engaged with you on other threads and I very much value your viewpoint as I am watching from over here so to speak. This thread is merely an observation of how politics permeates everything we do, particularly in this country. I am highly politiicised and believe we all should be, I value people who speak their minds and aren't afraid to post their political viewpoints regardless of where. However I do admire others ability to rise above what can become visceral arguments, and for my own stress levels I am trying to emulate them. As you know Anita we probably share a broad political outlook.

x

I'd probably rise about it too if I voted for individuals who had two wars, a 7 billion dollar prescription drug plan, and give tax cuts to the rich without paying for any of it, but feel the need to hold the world hostage by engaging in financial terrorism because I feel the need to be a spendtrift all of sudden

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    I'd probably rise above it too if I was one who voted for the people who led my country into two wars, a 7 billion prescripton drug plan, and tax cuts for the rich with paying for any of it, but now feel the need to engage in financial terorism because I've decided it's time to be a spendthrift
    Many people here in ireland also voted for the gravy train to continue, even though they could see it coming off the rails. I certainly wasn't one of them. But, I would never presume to know where someone's politics lie unless I knew them well enough to ask them.

I agree Anita - speak up for your beliefs - but don't presume you know anyone else's unless they have been expressed.
    Retired from punting, yet still here?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jammy69 For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (31-07-11)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jammy69 View Post
    Many people here in ireland also voted for the gravy train to continue, even though they could see it coming off the rails. I certainly wasn't one of them. But, I would never presume to know where someone's politics lie unless I knew them well enough to ask them.

I agree Anita - speak up for your beliefs - but don't presume you know anyone else's unless they have been expressed.
    I've been politically astute since I was 14, and I can spot creepy Republicans a mile away

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    I've been politically astute since I was 14, and I can spot creepy Republicans a mile away
    LOL - I think you may need the radar retuned. But you never know, I'm not infallible either; like the rest of us here.
    Retired from punting, yet still here?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jammy69 For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (31-07-11)

Thank you Jammy.. As I have yet to express any political views, it IS getting tiresome..
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

LOL - I think you may need the radar retuned. But you never know, I'm not infallible either; like the rest of us here.
    If you can take a step back, and detachedly observe, ignorance actually is quite entertaining.. LOL

Am laughing outloud..

So, I took the 'High Road' on the other thread, and refrained from responding ..

And here, we went off and started another thread to get away from the Ugly...

And darn, the Ugly follows us, peaceful folk..

And still, I have yet to express any political views to give ground to be challenged on..

And my personal sun is still shining brightly down upon me.., am still smiling.., and now I am going to town for some R&R.

Let the Ugly stew in its own juices for a while.. I'll get back to it in time..

Blog Entries

It was their slience that gave their game away; I've been to enough political demonstrations to know the reds from the blues.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast