U.S. President Richard Nixon in 1971 including unilaterally cancelling the direct convertibility of the United States dollar to gold that essentially ended the existing Bretton Woods system of international financial exchange.

Since then as the reserve currency of the world the United states dollar has been backed by two things guns,planes and bombs and oil all gulf countries price there oil in dollars

"I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purifly Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-12. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras "right" for American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested... . Looking back on it, I feel I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three city districts. We Marines operated on three continents."

General Smedley D. Butler

White Collar crime pays tell that to wall street where banks have got
The Fed Audit: "U.S. provided a whopping $16 trillion in secret loans to bail out US and foreign banks"
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...t=va&aid=25750

America $100 Trillion National Debt
that is the real size of the united states debt most on unfunded health care and pensions
http://www.lewrockwell.com/walker/walker34.html

Big Banks Waging Warfare Against the People of the World
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...t=va&aid=25586

Rome the mighty empire became a republic because of a rape .The last Etruscan King, Lucius Tarquinius Superbus raped Lucretia who commited sucide right after the local people revolted right after it became war why did rome expand well Tarquinius Superbus had couple cities close by and well they wanted rome back and bigger local empires became fearful and invaded attacked greece , italys , france , which lead to even greater and greater rome empire.

Cesar was great because of his love for the people the elite as always ruled.There was huge properety boom prices went up and up and up and then huge bust Cesar

The fall of Rome was fundamentally due to economic deterioration resulting from excessive taxation, inflation, and over-regulation. Higher and higher taxes failed to raise additional revenues because wealthier taxpayers could evade such taxes while the middle class--and its taxpaying capacity--were exterminated. Although the final demise of the Roman Empire in the West was an event of great historical importance, for most Romans it was a relief.

Although they say history is written by the victors, sometimes it's just written by the elites ?

Will America Replay
The Fall of the Roman Empire

Why is America like the Roman Empire?

Because it has garrisoned its troops all over the world?

That's one reason, but only one.

Because Americans are like Romans?

Some are; some are like the Roman Senators of the fifth century, one of the most rapacious and ruthless ruling classes that ever held power. Think Mafia. For the amount of wealth: think billionaires today. Perhaps other Americans have begun to understand this: Obama's election would indicate that. However, the selfish class is fighting hard to keep its privileges. Obama's election is no guarantee that they won't prevail in the end.

Roman Senators were selfish and self-absorbed, determined to hoard the huge wealth of the empire and determined to promote empire to enhance their wealth even further. The common people lost all power and were lucky if they had enough to eat (they were the humiliores, literally the humble, as opposed to the honestiores, the honored). To learn how this happened, click on Brief History.

Our CEO's and the well-connected, may even style themselves after those fateful Senators, the ones who presided over and helped connive in the Fall of Rome.

The Roman Empire fell because it was bankrupted by its leaders; well, look at the red ink now! Budget deficits, trade deficits, a huge national debt that tripled when George W Bush took power and has now grown even faster under Obama. At least the deficits Obama is running now might prevent further economic catastrophe--if the bailout funds aren't all stolen by the high-fliers, and if the bloated financial system is radically reformed. What are the chances?

Does anyone remember when we were actually paying down the debt?

Romans, and now Americans, have had the misfortune of being ruled by a Selfish Class. Rome fell because of it. Will America replay the Fall of Rome?