Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The best funny memories of childhood

Reviews

when I was a boy, we used to leave the house early in the morning, off out with our bikes and football and didn't come home until it was dark.

Oh the freedom, and never came to any harm.

I'm sure there aren't any more creeps and weirdos around today than there was then,
    Last edited by Rodney69; 30-07-11 at 15:02.
    Thank you all the ladies I had pleasure of meeting. Forever grateful for the memories

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rodney69 For This Useful Post:

ERIKA LOVEFORU (30-07-11), Rayden (30-07-11)

Blog Entries

Use to refuse to wear cloths not now when I was younger lol , anyway the doorbell rang and as I was so used to being naked I kind of forgot and answered the door stalkers lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ciara For This Useful Post:

ERIKA LOVEFORU (30-07-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ciara View Post
    Use to refuse to wear cloths not now when I was younger lol , anyway the doorbell rang and as I was so used to being naked I kind of forgot and answered the door stalkers lol
    so not much has changed :-)
    Thank you all the ladies I had pleasure of meeting. Forever grateful for the memories

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodney69 For This Useful Post:

anon361 (30-07-11)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney69 View Post
    so not much has changed :-)
    Hey shut it u :P
    Difference from then and now is then I realised as soon as the door opened and felt a waft of cold air and ran away screaming lol
    Now I'd politely say hi and give u a smooch haha

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ciara For This Useful Post:

Lincoln (30-07-11), Rayden (30-07-11), Rodney69 (30-07-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ciara View Post
    Hey shut it u :P
    Difference from then and now is then I realised as soon as the door opened and felt a waft of cold air and ran away screaming lol
    Now I'd politely say hi and give u a smooch haha
    you make it sound so gentle lol. i'm surprised you still don't run away screaming.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodney69 For This Useful Post:

ciara (30-07-11)

Reviews

I loved during the summer walkin home after a day on the beech, tired and sun-burned and starving and me mother making a big fry-up for everyone (especially loved the fried bread with loads of salt!). Then gettin the olive oil rubbed on the sunburn and being let stay up a bit later.

summers were way more fun when you were younger i think
    Bada Bing!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Out on our bikes, all day games of soccer. Use to live near a long steep hill, made our own go-karts (with the mates Dads help) see how fast we could get down the hill, a few grazes and tarmac burns. Had a rope swing across a stream which seemed massive at the time, great fun, eventually the rope snapped with my mate on the end of it, broke his arm (it was funny at the time !).Did it get closed down due to health and safety,no, just put up a new rope,even my mate with the broken arm joined in doing it one handed. Aaaah
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

I used to love my dad coming home from work every day. He'd arrive home, big hugs and kisses then he changed into his casual gear. As soon as he sat in his chair, it was time to make him a gin and tonic. It was a skill we learned at a very young age, using a measure and getting the ice from the freezer. He always praised me for my drink making skills!

After school every day I would get in, and make a pot of tea for my mum. We'd sit at the kitchen table and talk and talk.... or she would cook supper and I'd talk and talk! One day a week she spent time with the neighbouring ladies, playing cards. So if she wasn't home, I'd go around to the neighbours' houses to find them and let them all know I was back safely. If they were at our house, I'd make them all a pot of tea and sit and join them.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sassy Ann For This Useful Post:

Lincoln (31-07-11), mellors (31-07-11)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12