Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: A step to far or not enough?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    behind you
    Posts
    3,904
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default A step to far or not enough?

    So the Minister of Health is has hinted that the Government could ban all smoking in cars as a way to prevent children from inhaling second hand smoke. So seeing as the Irish Times hasn't yet published an MRBI poll on the topic I thought I'd take the liberty of helping them out.

    So do you think this is absolutely crazy or would you like to see more being done.

    As a smoker who doesn't have kids, I feel that this is just ridiculous and if they are going to allow shops sell them and tax the shit out of tobacco then we should be allowed smoke in our cars if by ourselves. What harm are we doing to anyone else? As it is, we are made feel like outcasts anyway so why punish us any more.

    Article from the Irish Times HERE



    Fuck, sorry I didn't add the poll, I am a moron
    Last edited by monster_monster; 27-07-11 at 13:24.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

    ChiefHandker (27-07-11), skywalker85 (27-07-11), sperminater (27-07-11)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,670
    Reviews
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    So the Minister of Health is has hinted that the Government could ban all smoking in cars as a way to prevent children from inhaling second hand smoke. So seeing as the Irish Times hasn't yet published an MRBI poll on the topic I thought I'd take the liberty of helping them out.

    So do you think this is absolutely crazy or would you like to see more being done.

    As a smoker who doesn't have kids, I feel that this is just ridiculous and if they are going to allow shops sell them and tax the shit out of tobacco then we should be allowed smoke in our cars if by ourselves. What harm are we doing to anyone else? As it is, we are made feel like outcasts anyway so why punish us any more.

    Article from the Irish Times HERE
    As a smoker also i think it is totally rediciculous,, what they gona tell us next,, not to smoke in the house lol

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    So the Minister of Health is has hinted that the Government could ban all smoking in cars as a way to prevent children from inhaling second hand smoke. So seeing as the Irish Times hasn't yet published an MRBI poll on the topic I thought I'd take the liberty of helping them out.

    So do you think this is absolutely crazy or would you like to see more being done.

    As a smoker who doesn't have kids, I feel that this is just ridiculous and if they are going to allow shops sell them and tax the shit out of tobacco then we should be allowed smoke in our cars if by ourselves. What harm are we doing to anyone else? As it is, we are made feel like outcasts anyway so why punish us any more.

    Article from the Irish Times HERE



    Fuck, sorry I didn't add the poll, I am a moron
    its a joke your car is like your house, so that's next why not just ban them altogether
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,970

    Default

    It's a step too far.
    However, some guidelines regarding smoking in the presence of children would be a good thing.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UKHeather View Post
    It's a step too far.
    However, some guidelines regarding smoking in the presence of children would be a good thing.
    of course , but then those without children have to put up with the ban

    As I said why not ban them altogether
    Seeing as the government seen to worry about our health , but then they would loose millions in taxes
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    behind you
    Posts
    3,904
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UKHeather View Post
    It's a step too far.
    However, some guidelines regarding smoking in the presence of children would be a good thing.
    I agree wholeheartedly, kids shouldn't be subjected to secondhand smoke.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    of course , but then those without children have to put up with the ban

    As I said why not ban them altogether
    Seeing as the government seen to worry about our health , but then they would loose millions in taxes
    That's not what I said.
    Banning smoking in cars is a step too far. I agree.
    If smoking in the presence of a child was banned, people would still be able to smoke in their car providing there was no child present.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to UKHeather For This Useful Post:

    warmcome (27-07-11)

  10. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UKHeather View Post
    That's not what I said.
    Banning smoking in cars is a step too far. I agree.
    If smoking in the presence of a child was banned, people would still be able to smoke in their car providing there was no child present.
    I wasn't argueing with you heather
    I was just giving an opinion
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Next door to you lot
    Posts
    1,234
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I agree, Its a good thing not to smoke at all around children, secondhand smoke is bad for them, infact any smoke it bad for them... Then I would say this, as I have never smoked.. I hate the smell of the bloody thing..
    By all mean's go ahead and close doors behind you but don't lock them..


  12. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    I wasn't argueing with you heather
    I was just giving an opinion
    I know you weren't.
    I was explaining because you seem to misunderstand my posts a lot.
    Maybe I don't put things clearly enough.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •