Thread: Go all the way.

Reviews

Thumbs up Go all the way.

I have been dithering and delaying starting a new business venture for some time and then I came across this - What the hell I am going to give it a go.

“If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don’t even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery–isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And, you’ll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you’re going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It’s the only good fight there is.”

- Charles Bukowski

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThomasJ For This Useful Post:

Lilian (14-07-11), royaler (14-07-11), UKHeather (14-07-11)

Are you opening a bank???

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
    I have been dithering and delaying starting a new business venture for some time and then I came across this - What the hell I am going to give it a go.

“If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don’t even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery–isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And, you’ll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you’re going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It’s the only good fight there is.”

- Charles Bukowski

Sounds exciting and terrifying at the same time, doing the same thing myself getting all the way is the hard part.

Guys no pain no gain the pleasures of the self-employed you live it, sleep it, it wants to die but you can't kill it,it bites you when you guard is down, so you constantly have to feed it, and if you don't have it you want it, how's that for poetry

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sperminater For This Useful Post:

doodlebug (14-07-11), Lilian (14-07-11), mature abby (14-07-11), royaler (14-07-11)

So very true ! Its a pain to keep pushing against all odds and you will loose things on the way , but when you are standing on the peak and look back and realies you made it , exactly that feeling is worth it !

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lilian For This Useful Post:

royaler (14-07-11), sperminater (14-07-11), ThomasJ (14-07-11)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post

- Charles Bukowski
    Charles Bukowski is a very good writer, painfully honest and straight to the point. Good reading, I would highly recommend.
    xxx

P.S very good quote

Anyone brave enough to go out and create something and do it on there own deserves a pat on the back cos the odds are against you but if you persevere the rewards are great but do the maths first...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sperminater For This Useful Post:

royaler (14-07-11)

Or go on Dragons Den and sell your sole for risk minimalization.

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Or go on Dragons Den and sell your sole for risk minimalization.
    Dragons den is an entertainment show it's not for guys to make money and if the idea is any good your fecked

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sperminater View Post
    Guys no pain no gain the pleasures of the self-employed you live it, sleep it, it wants to die but you can't kill it,it bites you when you guard is down, so you constantly have to feed it, and if you don't have it you want it, how's that for poetry
    You might miss or avoid the pain but if you do you'll miss the dance!!! ( Good ole Garth Brooks!!)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to royaler For This Useful Post:

comicbookguy (14-07-11)